Chrome Grill 1962 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Chrome Grill 1962 Hawk

My shroud has a lot of pits. I have ask a few chrome shops to re-chrome this but they are not crazy about doing it.
    This is a Diecast item and it is difficult to restore. Can this be sanded and painted? Or can a grill from another year be reworked and made to fit?

I believe you are speaking of the center grille attached to the hood front center; You can only use a 62 grille as the casting of the 63/4 although looking quite similar are different. Wait until a less pitted one becomes available. They are out there. Call BARRY HACKNEY 281 787 6230 cheers jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

The grille surround is one year only, but any other Hawk grille will physically bolt to the hood.

Comment

You can use any 62 or older grille although 61 and later will have a different look to it. If yours is not pitted to bad should be able to be redone, may be expensive.

Comment

Working...
        X