The best present ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best present ever

Well, turning 50 this year, and on a Friday....the 13th. I get these (friday) every few years, so I try to make them memorable. This year, In my own honor (lol) I decided to OFFICIALLY join SDC and you all by purchasing this for myself A 49 2R17A... Best part it gets delivered on my Birthday, March 13....FRIDAY Click image for larger version

Name:	the blue ox.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	1746500

Can't think of a better birthday present. Cool truck. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

have fun with him!
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

That heavy a Truck should be the bulletproof 245 C.I.D. Commander Six. Nice Lilac Paint job! Better than rust.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Now, get your camera and send us some pics. If you have a tough enough skin...tell us your plans...
          so we can start telling you what to do...and squabble over who has the best ideas. (kinda kidding)

We need fresh material even if it has to be dragged from retirement.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Great looking truck! Are you going to put it to work, or is it going to get to play?
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Happy Birthday today, Kevin; the truck looks really cool beans. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Happy Birthday! I dig the big truck. They tend to sit higher
                My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
                sigpic
                Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
                in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

Congrats rat.
                  61 lark cruiser
                  64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Happy Birthday I turned 50 last oct 13 and my wife bought me an Avanti . Good Luck with the truck we have a 55 . Ed

Comment

I wish I had kept mine. If I'd known what it's ultimate fate was to be, I might not have sold it.
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Congrats and HAPPY BIRTHDAY !
                        That 245 engine spans a heritage from 1931 until 1961. There MUST have been something good about it!
                        Brad Johnson,
                        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

well, I had about two hours to play with the "Blue Ox"....pulled the seat out. vacuumed up the "stuff" NO HOLES in the floor. only a small hole in the cab corners

Plans are for now, get her running and presentable...meaning the neighbors won't be protesting (again)

As I see it, new wiring harness right now, way too much bare wire for me to even put a battery charger on it....

Summer plan, I have to remove a tree from my yard, and re do my drain tiles and sewer line, so she will be put to work as soon as she is willing.

lots of house work next few year, but then, assuming we still have a friendly relationship, I'll do a frame off restoration.

I have a friend who is a commercial artist, he studied sign painting, and will do it for friends...so we are making up a fake dealership with a few inside jokes to the area.

quick patch up on the few rust holes, should only require a square foot of material to make them all. and a rustolium paint job for now.

I'll be looking for seat covers now, and ordering the wiring harness next week.

So, rain down upon me all the wisdom that is Studebaker.

I have the CD manuals and part books from SI and also ordered my build sheet and joined SDC.

if nothing else see you all in South Bend, and hopefully I will ride in on my Blue Ox

Comment

Rather than a paint job, I'd try a buffing pad and some polishing compound first. My 50 Commander looked silver when I bought it in El Paso, TX, but after buffing it was a beautiful blue.

Comment

'Sounds like a great project with realistic plans and goals. Go for it, and hope to see it up and about for South Bend in May. BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X