Champ (not Champion) gas guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ (not Champion) gas guage

Hi Gang, I have a 62 Champ pickup I am working on. I cut an access hole in the top of the gas tank to clean it up. Pretty bad in there. The sand blaster will get at most of the rough spots. Does anyone recomend a tank sealer to paint the inside.
    I'm interested in a NOS tank guage sending unit if you know where to find that. Maybe a tank would be ok too. I'm going to Hershey swap meet next Fri. Maybe you know someone I should look for at the show. Have a Happy and keep those Studi's rollin. Ray

I've been to Hershey several times & the only thing I ever got was wet & sore from walking & rain.The odd Studebaker hub cap or occasional car for sale was about it.You are better off going to the "All Studebaker" swaps like Reedsville,York or South Bend.
    In the meantime keep an eye on Studebaker swap site,Ebay or contact the many vendors & see what they have.
    You may get lucky at Hershey but don't get your hopes up.Good luck

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Actually the Hershey trip is just for fun, but your right about the chances of getting wet. I figure the studi parts at the show for just a crap shoot, but figure it can't hurt to ask.

Comment

Hersey can be fun but ,for Studebaker parts, frustrating. Network with vendors now. Reedsville is just four weeks away.

Brad Johnson
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        33 Rockne 10
        51 Commander Starlight
        53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Hi Ray, I have a new sending unit with gasket $75.00, e-mail me by clicking on StudeRich, thanks, Rich.

quote:Originally posted by hobiray

Hi Gang, I have a 62 Champ pickup I am working on. I cut an access hole in the top of the gas tank to clean it up. Pretty bad in there. The sand blaster will get at most of the rough spots. Does anyone recomend a tank sealer to paint the inside.
          I'm interested in a NOS tank guage sending unit if you know where to find that. Maybe a tank would be ok too. I'm going to Hershey swap meet next Fri. Maybe you know someone I should look for at the show. Have a Happy and keep those Studi's rollin. Ray
          StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X