Studebaker Sighting in Stayton Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Sighting in Stayton Oregon

My wife and I were heading for Scio, Oregon on Sunday to look at another Studebaker at the home of a fellow SDC member. As we exited Highway 22 at Stayton I saw a white pickup truck pulling a flatbed trailer with an old rusty car on it. I turned right and was following about 3 cars back and was trying to make out what kind of car it was. I finally was able to get right behind it but was still unsure. Finally the driver pulled to the side of the road to let us pass and as we went around him we could see that the car was a 1941 Studebaker. Boy, were we surprised and delighted. Another one risen from the grave, perhaps?

If anyone knows who this was let me know.

By-the-way, we ended up at Lyle Stephenson's place and saw his gorgeous 1936 Studebaker Dictator. We also ended up buying his 1955 President State. We pick it up next Saturday. I am really excited about this purchase, but it means I am going to have to sell the 1950 Commander which I am not happy about. I really like that car and it is going to be really hard to part with it. It has provided lots of great fun and is very dependable. My loss, someone else's gain.
    Anyway, I hope we find out who was dragging the '41 home.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

I think you got a good deal! I'm a member of the NW chapter, along with Lyle, and also have a 55 Commander coupe.
    ---Mitch

Comment

Thanks, Mitch. The NW Chapter is my hang out as well, so you will probably still be able to see the President. I was looking for something easier to drive so my wife will be able to drive it now and again. We really enjoyed visiting with Lyle and seeing his toys.
      Will you and Lyle be attending the Pacific CanAm Zone meet?
      Know anyone interested in a really nice '50 Commander?
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Ed, now you will have to change your forum name to ............ President Eddie
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
          Ed, now you will have to change your forum name to ............ President Eddie
          Yikes! I am sure I am not up to the job. Too much pressure!
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
          X