Looking for information on my Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for information on my Studebaker

I have a 1965 Studebaker Daytona c512974 any information on my baby would be nice .I know it was made in April also I live in Abbotsford b.c. ty

Your best bet is to purchase a Production Order from the Studebaker National Museum. You can order it online through the Gift Shop. It is money well spent! We Studebaker fans are lucky this is available!

Comment

I tried them they are located in the states told me they don't do Canadian Studebakers, which sucks have posted a profile pic of the car roof is white and paint is Richelieu blue still ordinal with
      115,181.7 miles is there a Canadian Studebaker museum ?
      Last edited by robfraser; 03-08-2015, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I think that someone has misled you. The Canadian Production Orders are available. I have one for my '64 however some were lost/misplaced for some of the later Canadian produced models. My '66 PO was lost however they did find me the delivery card. I know people with Canadian manufactured (1965/66) with production orders. I would suggest you contact their archivist Andrew Beckman and speak with him.

Good luck.
        Last edited by 2moredoors; 03-08-2015, 11:51 AM.
        sigpic
        55 President Deluxe
        64 Commander
        66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Hello Sam! Good choice of vehicles! My '65 Daytona "Sarah" is serial# C520118.Welcome aboard!
          There is a fellow in Canada compiling a registry of 1965 Daytonas.His name is Terry and his e-mail is not4u@nlis.ca
          By all means get a copy of your Production Order like qsanford said.It will show how your car was originally equipped.
          Enjoy your 'baby'!

Comment

thank you rusty65 and 2moredoors will look into it and see what I can find trying to post more photos of the car now but that darn icloud a pain in the wee butt ty for the info Terry Farmer and me have been in contact and also is trying to help me too

Comment

Also looking for a good place to redo the interior and do the engine to to restore this Daytona to show room condition but its hard to find a good shop here in Abbotsford been in a lot of car shows its a fun baby to drive

Comment

Is Andrew Beckman in the Canadian Studebaker museum or is he in the states at Studebaker National Museum and can you send me some pics of your 1964 studebaker

Comment

I remember your car when it was owned by one of our chapter members several years ago: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=c512974

As others have correctly said, try the SNM again for your build sheet.

Craig

Comment

Thank you Craig for the help I really appreciate it all the info I can get its a awesome car

Comment

Originally posted by samcraig View Post
                      Is Andrew Beckman in the Canadian Studebaker museum or is he in the states at Studebaker National Museum and can you send me some pics of your 1964 studebaker
                      Andrew is in the Studebaker National Museum.

We do not have a Studebaker Museum in Canada, at least that I am aware of.
                      sigpic
                      55 President Deluxe
                      64 Commander
                      66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

There is No "Canadian Studebaker Museum".

Being that Studebaker was an American Co. founded in South Bend, IN in 1852, there would be a whole lot less interest where they had a Satellite Assembly Plant with limited production, so few Cars were built there and no Avantis, or Trucks for many years.

UPDATE: revised data in Maroon.
                        Last edited by StudeRich; 03-08-2015, 04:12 PM.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

here's a link for a Production Order (build sheet) for your Studebaker:
                          The Studebaker National Museum Online Store is the place to shop for all of your Studebaker related merchandise needs....
                          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                            Being that Studebaker was an American Co. founded in South Bend, IN in 1852, there would be a whole lot less interest where they had a Satellite Assembly Plant with limited production, so few Cars were built there and no Trucks or Avantis.
                            You may want to fact check this, I believe 2R trucks were produced there in the early 1950's.

Comment

Thank you Craig for the help I really appreciate it all the info I can get its a awesome car
                              I know Barry Brace had it restored in the mid-1970's.

PM me, and I will give you Barry's number if you want to contact him for more information.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X