Spot the Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot the Studebaker

I'm sure many of you look for Studies in old movies. I always look to see what cars are in the background. If they're all Chryslers or Fords, you know they were provided for free to the film studio. I was watching an old "Highway Patrol" and they had Dan Matthews driving a '55 Roadmaster four-door hardtop! I also get a kick out of when they use Nashes as police cars. Outside of Kenosha, Wisconsin, I can't imagine any police force using a car which could be outrun by a kid on roller skates.
    peter lee

The general population probably has the same thought about using a Studebaker as a police car. Denigrating another car brand doesn't make your favorite brand any better, in the end both manufacturers failed because they offered products car buyers did not want.

Comment

Originally posted by plee4139 View Post
      I also get a kick out of when they use Nashes as police cars.
      In the post-Nash era, the Edmonton City Police had a fleet of 1974 AMC Matadors in their fleet.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
        In the post-Nash era, the Edmonton City Police had a fleet of 1974 AMC Matadors in their fleet.

Craig
        In Burlington Ontario the police bought a number of Ramblers which came with air conditioning as standard equipment. The officers loved those.

Stu Chapman

Comment

So did the los Angeles police department. My brother was on the force and he said the Matadors were some of the best cars he drove in his 20 years on the beat.

Comment

Originally posted by plee4139 View Post
            I'm sure many of you look for Studies in old movies. I always look to see what cars are in the background. If they're all Chryslers or Fords, you know they were provided for free to the film studio. I was watching an old "Highway Patrol" and they had Dan Matthews driving a '55 Roadmaster four-door hardtop! I also get a kick out of when they use Nashes as police cars. Outside of Kenosha, Wisconsin, I can't imagine any police force using a car which could be outrun by a kid on roller skates.
            Yes,...Those Nash's invented the term 'lean'!!

Comment

Working...
            X