Okay, Groundhog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, Groundhog!

HEY, RODENT !You've got ten days; or we're coming to get ya!

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

14.6 inches of the white stuff at Bluegrass Airport in Lexington, Ky, as of 9 AM - and it is still falling...

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
      14.6 inches of the white stuff at Bluegrass Airport in Lexington, Ky, as of 9 AM - and it is still falling...
      Interesting, I am on the other side of town near Hamburg and only measured 11" here about an hour ago.
      Last edited by Guido; 03-05-2015, 07:19 AM.

Comment

We had an ice storm in Middle Tennessee last week, and now some more today...
        Very unusual.
        Where's my Shotgun, that rodents on the Menu!

Comment

Here in central MN I may have 3-4 inches on the ground. Don't take this wrong but nice to see someone else take the brunt of it.

Comment

Yum Yum...fresh fireplace hardwood roasted rodent...with a bowl of snow cream on the side.

Odd...that all those folks clamoring for the world to abandon freon, coal, flatulent cows, and anything to do with blue collar manufacturing...aren't doing a "happy-dance" on the hood of their electric cars...shouting VICTORY! C'mon...mount your bicycles and rally!
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
              Yum Yum...fresh fireplace hardwood roasted rodent...with a bowl of snow cream on the side.

Odd...that all those folks clamoring for the world to abandon freon, coal, flatulent cows, and anything to do with blue collar manufacturing...aren't doing a "happy-dance" on the hood of their electric cars...shouting VICTORY! C'mon...mount your bicycles and rally!
              I think they WERE calling it GLOBAL WARMING, now they like the term climate change , Yes it has changed since the beginning of time .
              Evan Severson

Comment

Well if you call it climate change, you can never be wrong, if the facts turn out to be different than your hypothesis.

Comment

I wont say anything about the weather here but it's nice that our weather people give the surf & ski reports together. I do remember back when I had to brave the snow, which I really liked. What I hated was the days of 34 degrees & rain with wind chill that went through your bones. Those days I don't miss at all!
                  59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                  60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Before we get off the subject! This is not about 97% of scientists being wrong. It's about hunting down and killing the whistlepig! I don't like three feet of snow on top of my Commander at the end of the first week of March! I can remember going to the York Swap Meet and riding bicycles around neighborhoods springing with daffodils and magnolias.
                    I give that pig ten days; then he/she's toast!
                    ...now nine days! Philomena, MARK MY WORDS !
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I thought I saw some where,the groundhog OFFED It's Self last year ?
                      Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                      HEY, RODENT !You've got ten days; or we're coming to get ya!

Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

COLD

It was 0 this morning as I headed out to the barn...
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

We set a new HIGH Temp record for the date, here in Daytona yesterday , 87 degrees.

The cold front has passed thru this morning , so it's in the mid to high 50's now ,and cloudy with
                          the front probably going to "stall " to the south of us , so we'll have coolish temps and clouds until it moves .
                          Bill H
                          Daytona Beach
                          SDC member since 1970
                          Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Anybody remember the Bill Murray Movie "Groundhog Day"?

Comment

Up where I am, we never listen to the 'hog. I'd like to have seen zero or 34 this morning. -20 at my house. Had to boost the truck. Pretty much hating winter at this point.

Bish
                              sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
                              1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
                              1959 4E2 4spd, TT
                              1963 8E28 GSA order
                              1963 8E5 SOLD!
                              1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Comment

Working...
                              X