Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1950 Champion Two and Four Door Dome and Map Light Wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Champion Two and Four Door Dome and Map Light Wiring?

Looking at the wiring diagram for 1950 Champion 4 doors, it appears the dome light only comes on when the rear doors are opened, and the map light only comes on when the front doors are opened. I would have thought both lights would come on when any door is opened. Can anyone confirm this lighting?

My 1950 Champion two door wiring shows both lights should come on when either door is opened. Only the dome light comes on, and I have to pull the instrument light knob to get the map light on. I suspect when someone restored the car they plugged the map light wire into the wrong terminal, but I haven't looked yet. Has anyone had a similar problem? Thanks

My 50 Champion is the same, the dome light comes on with the switch or when the back doors poen and the map light is operated by the front doors or the instrument knob.

Comment

I have a friend with a '52 Land Cruiser, and the interior lights work in the same manner.
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Yes, my '50 Commander is wired that way as well.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
        X