On or Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On or Off

Clean up has started on the '64...One of the first questions as I get started is do I keep these old club window decals???
    Attached Files
    sigpic

I would definitely keep those on there! They are part of the car`s provenance.

Craig

Comment

For a driver possibly, but it just looks cluttered to me. Restoration - gone. You could compromise by keeping the Detroit Club and the two closest to the C-pillar on the rear window but it's still cluttered and messy to me.

IIWM, I'd remove 'em.

Glad to see you're back at it, Jim. Bob

Comment

I regret that for the tinting of the rear window of my Lark the travel decals had to come off. They were not Studebaker specific but they were original early 60's water transfers that I did like. I would keep them for as long as you can. Once they are off if you want to go back any replacement is not original, if you know what I mean. The ones you have don't look terrible but it's also a matter of what look you are after.

Len

Comment

Leave 'em on there... They add ambience...

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I'd keep them, they're the car's history; once you've changed the rest this'll be the only thing left.
            & yep! ...I'm a sucker for cars that I can spot from earlier days!

Comment

I like Stude. & AOA Club Decals, but if it were mine I would probably keep only the Right Lower Windshield 1967 AOA and SDC Decals, I don't like the clutter of too many.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I never used mine and still have them from a number of years of belonging to the Avanti Owners Association Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1830.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1695676
                Bob Caser
                mrbobinc

Comment

Working...
                X