"ROLL CALL 47/52 OWNERS", where y'all at? lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "ROLL CALL 47/52 OWNERS", where y'all at? lol

Hey everybody,I'm pretty new to the page,and don't really know who's got what, but I was just wonderin who here on the page, is a 47/52 car owner? I am currently putting together a 49 Starlight, and would like to see who all on here, has these cars,along with pics, and possibly even has some parts for sale or trade?

Welcome to our crazy world. I currently have a '48 Champion Business coupe, and a '51 Land Cruiser of the model years you are asking about. I also have a few others.

Is yours a Champion or Commander. It makes quite a difference when searching for parts.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Most of my Studes fall into those years. This is my current driver, but only on nice days and when no salt is on the roads. I need a nice pair of rear leaf springs for it and only 49 or 50 Champion are correct.Click image for larger version

Name:	StudeChamp8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	1695578

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
        Most of my Studes fall into those years. This is my current driver, but only on nice days and when no salt is on the roads. I need a nice pair of rear leaf springs for it and only 49 or 50 Champion are correct.[ATTACH=CONFIG]41393[/ATTACH]
        You might check with Studebaker International on the springs. When I was a Sasco looking for springs I saw a set that looked like those for my 50 Commander. They had 6 of them. They did not have them listed in the inventory. Dave took me to the blue print room and looked up the part number. Turns out they were indeed a replacement for the 50 Commander and were not listed in their inventory nor in the parts books. Like a fool I only bought two of them but that is what I could afford at the time.

This might also be the case for 50 Champion!
        Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
        1961 Hawk 4-speed
        1967 Avanti
        1961 Lark 2 door
        1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Welcome. I own a 50 Champ Starlight for the last 38 years. If you have seen the movie Stand By Me from the 1980's you have seen my car. also look for an old movie called Wanda Nevada with a very young Brooke Shields. there is another beautiful 50 Starlight. not mine but beautiful just the same.

Mark

Comment

I own and drive a '50 Commander Regal Deluxe Sedan. Here is a pic.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010517.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	1695584
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I have a few 47-52, including 2 52HTs (2 tone green and 2 tone blue) and lots of parts. Let me know if you need something.
              Last edited by 55s; 02-20-2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I used to have a 52 Starlight coupe, but my current car is a 52 2 door sedan. Check out this thread for lots of 52 models. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...highlight=1952
                Attached Files
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

We did have some photos of '47-'52 3-passenger/business coupes posted before: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...post-pics-here

Craig

Comment

below - a few pics of my '51 Champion Business Coupe.

a good place to look for parts - if folks that have replied or will reply to this thread - don't have what you are looking for is:

Name:	DSCF0906.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1695586Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0905.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1695587Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0907.jpg
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	1695588
                    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

1949 Commander Starlight Coupe - ready to start work in the spring !Click image for larger version

Name:	00i0i_79gfL0yzLmP_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	1695590

Comment

The '51 Commander Starlight I rescued over a quarter century ago for $450, missed a first place at Lancaster by six points.

More pictures here than you asked for.
                        Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                        Brad Johnson,
                        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Welcome! I have a '51 Commander Land Cruiser I rescued and started restoring. This is a picture when I finally got it home. Sorry, the only spare parts I have right now are the ones I need to keep.

Mark L

Name:	finally home.jpg
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	1695591
                          Mark L

Comment

Welcome to Studebaker Land!!! I have a 1950 Champion and if anyone has a set of hood eye brows I need them really bad

Ron

Name:	Front end.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1695592Click image for larger version

Name:	Back bumper.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	1695593Click image for larger version

Name:	Ron's 50 Champion.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1695594

Comment

Ron, if no one closer steps up, Roy Valdez in CA probably has what you need.
                              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
                              X