One-owner 1954 2-door wagon available in Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One-owner 1954 2-door wagon available in Seattle

This was just posted in the Seattle Craigslist yesterday. It's advertised as a one-owner 1954 2-door wagon with 36,000+ miles, all original down to the tires.

Mark L
    Mark L

Man o man that looks like a really sweet car!!!

Dean.

Comment

Very Nice!!!!

Comment

Why do you guys post this stuff? I would love to call this one "Mine."
        Carey
        Packard Hawk

Comment

Golly, per the description, that is an unusual automatic transmission (with the OD handle below the dash)...and the assertion that it is a two-door wagon, "made only one year."

Well, I suppose they did make 1954 two-door wagons only one year!

And then we have the "all original" paint scheme...and even the original tires, which appear to be the odd-size 8.45X15 Goodyear Power Cushions that weren't made until the mid-1960s in that unusual whitewall style.

(Note: Those are not criticisms of the car itself, which is nice, but legitimate errors of fact in the description of it, with which it should be fair game to take exception.) BP
          Last edited by BobPalma; 02-20-2015, 05:34 AM.
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

just curious...... what would a "like" condition Chevy Nomad raise for a sale price ??

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
              just curious...... what would a "like" condition Chevy Nomad raise for a sale price ??
              An interesting question. If the Nomad was indeed a V8 with stick overdrive and documented miles, I bet it would fetch at least $75,000, if not more. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Wow, I hope a member jumps on that. The price is more than fair, even if you had to pay to ship it somewhere. What a time capsule.
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  Golly, per the description, that is an unusual automatic transmission (with the OD handle below the dash)...
                  Bob, it's an automatic overdrive!
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                  Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

I can easily understand the Kid using the default "Automatic Trans." clickbox in error in trying to help his friend sell this nice Conestoga, but what I do not understand is this:

"It is a private party sale, but I decided to place in dealer section, pay the $5, so it doesn't get flagged time and time again,"

FLAGGED? Huh? With no address, people can't come and hang Flags on your Car!
                    I wonder what it really means?
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I was also puzzled by the flag comment? I don't know how or why it would be flagged.

As far as comparing it to the Nomad, it's unfortunate, but Studebakers have always been under appreciated and undervalued. IMHO Studebakers have long been a top quality car, and among the top cars in style and comfort, not to mention tops in fuel economy.

Comment

I also noticed that the tire design was too new to be from 1954. But....when you think about it, who cares? What a beautiful car! Probably worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                          I was also puzzled by the flag comment? I don't know how or why it would be flagged./Cut/
                          Maybe in todays youth world of texting, smart phoning, Facebooking the term means something like Harassing, stalking, robbing etc. Who knows!
                          StudeRich
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Flagging means reporting an post for being against craigslist rules. If a post is flagged more than a specific number of times by different people, the post is removed.

Oh, and that's a really nice little wagon.
                            Dave Nevin
                            Corvallis, OR
                            1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                            Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Originally posted by dnevin View Post
                              Flagging means reporting an post for being against craigslist rules. If a post is flagged more than a specific number of times by different people, the post is removed.
                              Oh, and that's a really nice little wagon.
                              OK great, so that process is used to report inappropriate, bad language etc. Listings.
                              So on a Car Ad maybe people report them for no reason but to tee them off or get their Ad removed for no good reason?
                              It's a weird world out there, best to keep your 357 Magnum handy I guess.
                              StudeRich
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X