York After Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York After Hours

It has been a few years since I made the journey to York but Jamie Mc and myself are heading there this year. There used to be an auction on Friday night I believe. Does this still take place? What else other than the STF's getting together?
    Wayne Elks

66 Phantom Champ
    65 Cruiser
    64 Champ
    40 4-Dr Commander

With the York meet a week away and no replies, thought I would give it a bump.
    Wayne Elks

66 Phantom Champ
    65 Cruiser
    64 Champ
    40 4-Dr Commander

Comment

I wonder how many Members West of the Rockies have ever showed up? I think Bob Peterson might have once or twice, but he has a way to pay for the long trip.

York After Hours? Are you planning a Big Tailgate Party?
      Last edited by StudeRich; 02-26-2015, 02:57 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well if no one from local is answering I'll chip in , it went on last year and also there is the truck farmer dinner on as well on Friday.
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Years ago when I was a regular, on one night there was an auction with items donated by the vendors. There also was snacks, adult beverages, and entertainment provided by Stephen Cade. I was wondering if that still takes place. I have not attended a STF dinner but would like to. Don't know if I need an invitation but would welcome one. I have three trucks. Used to think it was cold in York until I lived in Asheville NC for three years.
          Wayne Elks

66 Phantom Champ
          65 Cruiser
          64 Champ
          40 4-Dr Commander

Comment

As 2R5 said the Truck Farmers Dinner is on Friday night.

Look on the web page it says Auction Friday Night
            sigpic
            55 President Deluxe
            64 Commander
            66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Originally posted by ole 64 View Post
              Years ago when I was a regular, on one night there was an auction with items donated by the vendors. There also was snacks, adult beverages, and entertainment provided by Stephen Cade. I was wondering if that still takes place. I have not attended a STF dinner but would like to. Don't know if I need an invitation but would welcome one. I have three trucks. Used to think it was cold in York until I lived in Asheville NC for three years.

You are welcome to attend the truckers dinner , but Frank Drumheller needs to know I think by this Friday ( tomorrow) mainly for numbers attending so he can let the meal providers .
              sigpic

Comment

Last year, was my first visit in over a decade. I believe that they had both events on Friday night. The Truck Farmers dinner and then the auction. I made it to the Truck Farmers dinner and enjoyed it very much. But, being by myself, not familiar with the area, it was after dark, and I had already worn myself out examining parts, pestering vendors, drooling over cars in the parking lot...I went back to the motel after the dinner and sacked out for the night. Besides, I had set a time to leave and drive home on Saturday. Tearing myself away from all the fun was not easy. But...I managed to leave and arrive home in time to stop at a drive-in window and provide a late supper for my wife. I wish I could make the trip every year. It certainly should be a high priority for anyone in the middle of a project.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Thanks guys. I responded on the truck forum and asked for two dinner reservations. We are really excited about the trip.
                  Wayne Elks

66 Phantom Champ
                  65 Cruiser
                  64 Champ
                  40 4-Dr Commander

Comment

Originally posted by ole 64 View Post
                    Thanks guys. I responded on the truck forum and asked for two dinner reservations. We are really excited about the trip.
                    Frank will be putting an update on tomorrow so check back in there tomorrow. Look forward to meet you .
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X