Impressive Avanti!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressive Avanti!

...Well, another tough winter here in New England.....BUT AVANTIS ARE TOUGHER!!...Here's 'Old SN-60' leaving for work in the '83....The great 'in the snow' traction this car has amazes me...even starting up a hill....Twenty-One seasons of this now, and this baby just keeps coming back for more! The only thing that slows this '83 Avanti down are the snow plow trucks in front of it!....12 more inches coming today.....BRING IT ON!!!!!....AVANTI!!
    Attached Files

You are a very brave Avanti lover.
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

They all look like a post card, but since I am from Minnesota and now living in California you can have all that nice white stuff and your chains and salt.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

I wonder if it has Twin Traction to be able to negotiate that terrain.

Rog
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Better get it painted Black or Red Ed, you're going to lose it out there in that stuff!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That's one die hard Studie owner! Well done ED, I wont even drive mine in the rain.
            Brian Greenall
            Melbourne, OZ
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
              I wonder if it has Twin Traction to be able to negotiate that terrain.

Rog
              I think Ed installed 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
                That's one die hard Studie owner! Well done ED, I wont even drive mine in the rain.
                We're TOUGH here in New England Brian!....Tough as the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS...#1 TEAM IN THE NFL, AND SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                  We're TOUGH here in New England Brian!....Tough as the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS...#1 TEAM IN THE NFL, AND SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!
                  Yes I know Ed, I even watched the game, but I still can't figure out how it is played! be alright if they didn't stop it every 5 mins and some guy put his hands in the air.
                  Brian Greenall
                  Melbourne, OZ
                  sigpic

Comment

Well if one is given lemons, one makes lemonaide.

Comment

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
                      I try not to get caught in the rain with my 81 because of the moon roof!
                      Neil Thornton

Comment

I have to admit, looking out my front window, even my 1983 Avanti 'Everyday Driver' may find it tough going today.....It really depends on how well the 'heavy' snow plow trucks move this new overnight 14" plus of white stuff off of the roads.

But like the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS, the '83 loves a challenge....AND WILL PREVAIL!!

Comment

Good for you SN-60! Beautiful pictures.
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Thanks!..... These babies plus 100lbs of ballast in the trunk are a MUST!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ed,
                              Are the pix in post #6 of the attached thread, pix of your Avanti, or someone else's? They show exactly what I'd expect to see, under a car that's been exposed to too much road salt and brine. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...3-Avanti-frame

Comment

Working...
                              X