Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We got it good! Don't take SDC and this forum for granted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got it good! Don't take SDC and this forum for granted.

Today, I had occasion to visit two orphan/independent make fora and was struck by the contrasts. Both were somewhat amateurish in design, clunky to navigate and ultimately both forced one to buy a membership to the national club to even view their forum. One bragged about having 1723 members internationally.

The SDC has always been open, inclusive and willing to allow anyone curious to join, read, participate.

Again, we got it good,

jack vines
    Last edited by PackardV8; 02-13-2015, 05:56 PM.
    PackardV8

DITTO, DITTO, DITTO ! We've actually got it good three times: We have this forum, we have Studebakers and we have met incredible friends through our mutual interest. Win, win, win, win, win !
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
      DITTO, DITTO, DITTO ! We've actually got it good three times: We have this forum, we have Studebakers and we have met incredible friends through our mutual interest. Win, win, win, win, win !
      All the above, Turning Wheels, and an unsurpassed continuum of history...fantastic!
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Have to admit we have it the best.
        Have been involved with brand x clubs in the past.
        Started with the Studebaker Drivers Club about 1972. I left when kids came, kids then grew up, kids left.
        I came back to Studebaker and Packard a few years ago. Always enjoyed Turning Wheels, and this forum is the best! Better than the brand x offerings.
        Wish it existed back in the 1970's! Thank you!
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Yup...........It can't any better than this forum............

Comment

This forum and Turning wheels are the greatest. Counting my blessings. Not to mention the prettiest cars on the road.
            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

That's what brought me here. I had been die-hard Mopar all my life. And there are some terrific Mopar forums (forwardlook.net and FABO, FBBO and FCBO are all wonderful). But when I scooped up a '60 Lark several years back, I was astonished and gratified to find how family-like the SDC is.

Comment

I've been a member of SDC since '91 and have loved everything about it, including our Forum. You're right about the club being like family. I've always felt that way. I've gone on other forums and haven't gottent the same feeling. Long may SDC wave!!
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

My experience on other forums have been a few folks that are willing and happy to help educate the new guys. Unfortunately, they seem to have way too many that want to point out how much they know and question why you are on the forum if you don't know what they consider "the simple stuff". Fortunately our members are much more tolerant of the new guys, and answer the questions when asked. I know I have benefited greatly while working on my Hawk and Dads Champion. I found a lot of things about our cars that are different from what I was used to seeing while working on brand X stuff. Fortunately people were patient and explained "the simple stuff" that I couldn't figure out. Thanks to all for making this a great place to learn about our cars.
                  Wayne
                  Wayne
                  "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wdills View Post
                    My experience on other forums have been a few folks that are willing and happy to help educate the new guys. Unfortunately, they seem to have way too many that want to point out how much they know and question why you are on the forum if you don't know what they consider "the simple stuff". Fortunately our members are much more tolerant of the new guys, and answer the questions when asked. I know I have benefited greatly while working on my Hawk and Dads Champion. I found a lot of things about our cars that are different from what I was used to seeing while working on brand X stuff. Fortunately people were patient and explained "the simple stuff" that I couldn't figure out. Thanks to all for making this a great place to learn about our cars.
                    Wayne
                    My experience with the Mercedes-Benz forum has been just that. One or two guys that are genuinely helpful, and a bunch of arrogant snotty smart asses who think you are an unpleasant and troublesome idiot if you dare ask a question they "think" you should know by now.

After my experienced on that forum I rarely bother posting anything there any longer. And after this Mercedes is gone (a 380SL roadster), no more.

By comparison, I'm on my 12th Studebaker and feel a genuine part of the family.

Difference is day and night.

George

Comment

I agree SDC is a great, and this is a great NG, but there are also other good NGs out there. Also, lets not hurt our arms patting ourselves on the back and saying how lucky the world is to have us. We regulars could be a little nicer to each other, and to occasional posters, newcomers and lurkers. But that's JMHO

Comment

Actually, this forum is why I bought a Studebaker. I was seriously considering a 59 Lincoln Premiere, but discovered there is no love for those cars even amoung Lincoln owners. Owning an older car is not much fun if you can't share the experience with others. I know as long as I'm part of the Studebaker community, keeping my car on the road won't be a hardship. Thanks all!
                        1956 Studebaker President Classic

Member of the Studebaker Drivers Club

Member of the Antique Automobile Club of America, Sugarloaf Mountain Region Historian

Mt. Airy, Maryland

http://instagram.com/theorphanpresident/

www.saturdaythe14th.wordpress.com (Blog)

Comment

I had a 64 park lane and a 68 montego rag top. Not a lot of joy on line and Merc is the red headed step child once you get out of shoe-boxes and cougars. I have always felt at home no matter what i had or didn't have here. R
                          64 GT R1 4sp Hawk
                          Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                          X