1954 race car/street car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1954 race car/street car

Check out this great looking 54 ! Be sure and roll down to the photo of the engine compartment, looks great !

Learn more about La Carrera Style: 1954 Studebaker Champion on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.

thumbs up on this one...I'd take it just as it is! cheers, junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Really neeeet build and one I might not be able to stop myself from bidding on.

As with many on-line grabs, some slightly incorrect copy shows up:

The "nailhead style, ribbed rocker covers" are just late V8 rocker covers converted to 4-bolt.

"An R2 cam bumps R1 valvegear" and we know the R1 and R2 cam and valvegear are identical.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

In addition to the R2 cam bumping R1 valve gear....."with" R3 valves...!?
        I guess it goes with the ribbed Nail Head rocker covers.
        Otherwise (and with what else "might" be misrepresententivly wrong), nice car..!

Mike

Comment

I am curious about the tubular a-arms and manual rack steering. It does say that they used a 57 Hawk frame.

Comment

I actually reported this car to BaT. I want it so badly, but can't swing the price right now. I think it looks utterly brilliant and to try and recreate it would cost way more than its current price.

Comment

I would love to own it!.. but the wallet says no! plus the boss keeps reminding me that I already have too many C body Studes.
              It is also on Sacramento Craigslist
              Mark Chance

1933 Model 56 5 window Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by lark55 View Post
                I am curious about the tubular a-arms and manual rack steering. It does say that they used a 57 Hawk frame.

looks like one of those slick street stuff suspensions could have been used, in that case, and if the car is ever truly raced, it would either confirm or put to rest the myth that this suspension design has weak\dangerous rack mount and excessive bumpsteer.

like the use of the smaller '53 'bumperttes' on the front end. cheers, junior
                Last edited by junior; 02-13-2015, 05:44 PM.
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Same car on eBay - - -
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

This is a well built car. I know the owner. He's a good guy. He would not intentionally mislead.
                    sals54

Comment

Very specialized ride.

Comment

I'd relocate the battery to the trunk and use one of Bob Palma's hold down brackets!
                        Bill

Comment

When I got to the pictures I figured it would be GM power but NOT. Great to see one with Stude drivetrain.
                          Dan White
                          64 R1 GT
                          64 R2 GT
                          58 C Cab
                          57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Yes, nice car!
                            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Working...
                            X