Carbs and spacer available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbs and spacer available

I have a Bonneville racing buddy who gave me some car parts and told me to sell them to finance the First Love Project 59 Silver Hawk. So following his wishes I am selling two Edlebrock carbs, a 625 cfm set up with Chrysler linkage and a 750 cfm that is practically brand new. The 625 is an electric choke model but is missing a few of the choke pieces. I can probably locate the pieces if needed from a local carb shop. It will need to be refreshed as I don't know if they drained it when they took it off. I can refresh it for the cost of the kit. Asking 125.00 plus shipping.

The 750 is like I said like new. They guy built a bowtie 350 and then wondered why it wouldn't run very well. You think a 750 is a tad too big for a stock 350. Swapped it for a 500 cfm and it runs excellent. It is a manual choke model and since I drained it when I took it off it should be ready to go. Asking 150.00 plus shipping.

The carb spacer is a 2" model that is the phenolic model and is in excellent shape. It was used at Bonneville and comes with the studs, washers and nuts but no gaskets. Asking 15.00 plus shipping.

Pictures of all items are available just PM me if interested.
    Dan

Funny about the carburetor size thing..! But people swear by the 600 on the little "stock" 259/289's..!
    Fair prices all.

Mike

Comment

Mike,

I know what you mean. I have used the 600 on both boosted and non boosted Studes and they work fine. But I did notice that the non boosted 259 engines liked the 500 better for street driving. Better throttle response and smoother idle. I would use the 750 on a boosted 289 or bigger Stude as I have done so in the past and it worked real good. If you had good condition heads and at least an R1/R2 cam and boost it works well as you have to increase carb cfm when you boost for high performance applications. I plan to take the top off of the 625 this week to see what condition it is in as I would rather know up front than send it out and have the buyer unhappy with me. As stated I can professionally refresh it for the cost of the kit (34.99 plus shipping). I set the prices at below ebay as I feel those prices are some times on the high side.
      Dan

Comment

Not to highjack your parts thread...but, on the carb size thing -
        Years back I had a 67 Chevy II wagon. I put a 262 (4.3L) Chevy V-6 in it. I also ported the Vortec heads, used one of Chevys offroad cams and an Edelbrock intake manifold...along with a 500cfm Edelbrock carb. and some wild 6 into 1 headers a friend and I built.
        Sometimes, you can feel things that aren't as good as they could be. Like the engine was trying to tell me something... I hashed together a 600 Carter carburetor and put it on. Interestingly enough, the power felt better. I had a good 600 Holley, I put that on. BIG difference. Milage didn't change much. So, I bought a new Holley 650, had annular boosters put in it, knowing that the big boosters cut into the airflow some. That "little" engine went from, just rolling (small carb.) on when the throttle was hit hard, to actually lighting up both back tires (big carb.) for a short distance. VERY puzzling.
        At the time, I knew a couple of NHRA, V-6 racers in Comp. Elim. I called one and asked why the big carb worked so well on the small engine. His comment was because of the harmonics inside the intake manifold. It was a half open plenum Edelbrock (second design) manifold. He didn't go too deep into his explanation, but he did say that the hot rodded V-6's just seem to like a bigger carburetor in general.

BUT, I had to keep the 500, Edelbrock carb. handy...the Holley wouldn't come even close to passing the Smog test, the Edelbrock passed with no problem..!

Mike

Comment

Update: I pulled the 625 carb out of storage today and checked it out. I took it apart and it looks good. Just needs a kit and cleaning. It turns out it is NOT an Edelbrock Performer carb. It is a 9636SA carb for a Chrysler 340/360. Carter/Weber made carbs for Chrysler from the 50's and these were performance carbs for the Dusters and Darts. The primary throttle shaft has a very slight amount of play and the secondaries are tight. The choke stove cover is missing along with the choke blade shaft and blade. All these parts are readily available and it you need it I am sure I can locate them. You could even convert it to electric choke if desired.

I also found a 1" carb spacer in the box. It is also a phenolic (plastic style) spacer and it doesn't have the studs or gaskets. Asking price $12.00 plus shipping.
          Pictures are available just PM me.
          Dan

Comment

Working...
          X