Golden Hawk window trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Hawk window trim

Could anyone tell if the trim around the glass on the windows of a 56 Golden Hawk is stainless steel or chrome.

stainless steel.....you can sand it and polish it, no change of color or rust forms
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

This is an interesting question and the answer may not be that simple. I was under the impression that the 1955 Speedster and possibly 1956 Golden Hawks were stainless steel, while later Golden/Packard Hawks were chrome plated steel. We have both stainless and chrome plated versions in stock (the difference is clearly visibly) so I would be interested in other members comments on this.

Chris.

Comment

Trim around the Glass? So this is on the side windows, not the Front and Rear glass?
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Its stainless.

Comment

Are we talking about the exterior trim or the interior garnish mouldings?

Comment

I am referring to trim on my power windows driver and passenger.

Comment

All the glass is surrounded by stainless steel on K Models. jimmijim
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by glmannix View Post
                  I am referring to trim on my power windows driver and passenger.
                  I'm dense. I still don't understand the question.
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                    I'm dense. I still don't understand the question.
                    You should put that on a T- shirt.
                    sigpic
                    Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                      You should put that on a T- shirt.
                      He'd have to get out of his chair for that.

BTW Jerry, I ran into Tom yesterday, the guy who sold you Buttercup. He was happy to hear that you're doing the car up right.

Comment

The 56 Golden Hawk has square metal trim that encases the glass on the passenger and drivers windows. The question was whether it was chrome or stainless. Mine has some small scratches that I want to buff out if it is stainless.

Comment

Originally posted by glmannix View Post
                          The 56 Golden Hawk has square metal trim that encases the glass on the passenger and drivers windows. The question was whether it was chrome or stainless. Mine has some small scratches that I want to buff out if it is stainless.
                          Yes, the window frame is stainless. It's relatively thick as far as stainless trim goes, so go for it.

Comment

Working...
                          X