"My Father The Car" by Stu Chapman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "My Father The Car" by Stu Chapman

After many months of planning on ordering the book "My Father The Car" by Stu Chapman, yesterday, I finally received my two signed copies from the Studebaker Museum (one for me, one for my grandfather). I started reading it last night, and finished it this morning. I could not put it down as it outlined a very honorable and fulfilled life of Stu Chapman. The Studebaker details were outstanding and insightful. I am a newcomer to Studebakers (inherited grandfathers '66 Daytona in 2011). I thoroughly enjoyed the read, the details of how Studebaker played a major roll in Stu's life, and many historical facts that I did not know. I have become hooked on Studebakers by accident, and I am loving every minute of it. Thank you Stu Chapman, and I reccommend this book to everyone that has not read it.

Originally posted by Sketchy26 View Post
    After many months of planning on ordering the book "My Father The Car" by Stu Chapman, yesterday, I finally received my two signed copies from the Studebaker Museum (one for me, one for my grandfather). I started reading it last night, and finished it this morning. I could not put it down as it outlined a very honorable and fulfilled life of Stu Chapman. The Studebaker details were outstanding and insightful. I am a newcomer to Studebakers (inherited grandfathers '66 Daytona in 2011). I thoroughly enjoyed the read, the details of how Studebaker played a major roll in Stu's life, and many historical facts that I did not know. I have become hooked on Studebakers by accident, and I am loving every minute of it. Thank you Stu Chapman, and I reccommend this book to everyone that has not read it.
    Thank you so much Eric for your kind comments and endorsement. Glad you enjoyed the book.

Stu Chapman

Comment

An excellent book! I liked reading about the advertising end of the business and Stu's interactions with the other executives. The company cars were good to read about, too. Is there a single Mercedes in the SNM? We should put one of those Pullman models Stu liked so much in there!
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        We should put one of those Pullman models Stu liked so much in there!
        The cost for one of those, either restored or excellent original, would cost MORE than what the SNM paid for the three Brooks Stevens' styling studies!!!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
          The cost for one of those, either restored or excellent original, would cost MORE than what the SNM paid for the three Brooks Stevens' styling studies!!!

Craig
          And the City of South Bend already owned those. I guess that the payment was sort of a saving and storage fee.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

Craig
            Not to get off topic here, but maybe Mercedes (the company) could help out with that.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
            X