(Scale Modeling) Salt Flats Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Scale Modeling) Salt Flats Avanti

Just finished this one up today. Re-issue of the AMT kit. For it's age is it pretty clean, not much flash. Some mods are as follows. Filled the headlights and molded up the front end for a cleaner, smoother look. I modified the dash, used masking tape for the seat belts. Used sheet plastic to cov...

(copy)

Just finished this one up today. Re-issue of the AMT kit. For it's age is it pretty clean, not much flash. Some mods are as follows. Filled the headlights and molded up the front end for a cleaner, smoother look. I modified the dash, used masking tape for the seat belts. Used sheet plastic to cover up the rear seat area. I removed the wipers and some emblems. I ground away all the details on the interior door panels and used sheet plastic to make flat panels and painted them silver. The paint is Tamiya Silver Leaf. Decals are from kit and others. It was cleared with high gloss enamel. Comments pro or con are always welcome. I do notice I may have to redo the exhaust as they hang toom low but were ok during mock up. Oh well....

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

It's bitchin, Jeff.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Looks good. What's the scale?

Comment

Originally posted by EssexExport View Post
        Looks good. What's the scale?
        Good question.
        The builder on that forum did not say, but....
        According to the model page on Bill Jackameit's site, it should be a 1/25th scale...

But a Google search said there was a 1/32'd scale kit re-released from AMT, too...
        Going on that forum and asking the builder would be the only way to be sure...
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I like it. I need to build one next winter. Should have this winter. It's been years since I built one. It's been too uncomfortable to get much done on the full size one anyway. You may have inspired me to build one Jeff.

Comment

I bet this one is 1/43. Details not as sharp as the CE.
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

It looks like nice work.
              How is the driver to get into the car? Even if the steering wheel is removable, the driver would not be able to get past the roll cage (that should be up near the A-pillar).
              I know, we won't be able to find a driver in that scale, but the model is supposed to represent reality (1:1).
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The Avanti model above is the latest reissue of the 1/25th scale kit.
                Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO

Comment

Working...
                X