Nor cal Studes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nor cal Studes

Anyone know anything about this wagon? Someone in the club even? http://chico.craigslist.org/cto/4867214940.html

I don't know the car, but if you are serious about it I can go take a look for you.

Pat
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

...and I'd ride along to give you a second opinion.
      Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
      I don't know the car, but if you are serious about it I can go take a look for you.

Pat
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

Ron's Muffler is or was in Corning right off of Interstate 5 on the West side, in the '70's and into the 90's I would see a fleet of Studes. quite a few Larks & Champs on the South/Left of their Shop in the field while driving by.
        The owner used to be into them, I stopped several times to talk and ask about selling prices etc.

I think there is also a Junk Yard in town with some Studes. this one may or may not have came from either, but it is quite a co-incidence. Neat little Town in sunny Calif.

This one is a '60 Lark VIII, Deluxe 4 Door Wagon P4, with the optional full padded upper and lower Dash but not the Deluxe Horn Ring standard on Regals.
        In spite of the Green glow in the Pics, it IS Lt. BLUE.

It has the Push Button Radio, Climitizer, Automatic Transmission, Hood Ornament, Bumper Guards and aftermarket from the '60's A/C, maybe Power Steering, no way to tell.
        I am just getting this from the Pics, I have not seen it.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 01-31-2015, 03:05 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post

Pat
          Thank you for the offer Pat, but it's not worth a special trip from someone for me, only if you knew the scoop on the car from seeing it. Something like that, if I were to jump on it, I wouldn't think about going after something like that without some in person rooting around on it and grilling the owner. Looking at it, I wouldn't give them more than $800 anyway, and that would be if I knew more about the trans problem and after I'd heard it run and tried driving it around the yard.

Comment

Working...
          X