Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the Los Angeles area have a '41 Commander??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in the Los Angeles area have a '41 Commander??

I have a friend back east (with a '41 Commander) who needs a "bra" so he can drive his newly (and expensively) restored car and protect the paint and chrome. Problem is he can't find one, but he found a company in the Los Angeles area that will make one if they have a car to measure. I need someone in this area who has a '41 Commander to contact me so we can arrange for a "bra measurement and fitting". Sounds like it could be fun!!
    Please PM me, call me at (818) 606-0267 or email me at brngarage@gmail.com. Thanks VERY much!!
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Bump! I still need to talk with someone who owns a '41 Commander. Thanks.
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)

Comment

i wouldn't go with a "bra", it will scratch the paint over very little time. have him look at this or a similar product: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...rd-Pro-Series/
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Howard, there used to be a fella in LA who had a gorgeous 41 Commander sedan. Somewhere I have a photo of it's body tag : Number ONE! I sold him a bunch of stuff over time. I wanna say his first name was Leonard, but his last name won't come to me. He wasn't in SDC.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

About all you can do is apply a couple coats of Paste Wax, polish each off and apply another coat, leaving it on the Front end Paint and Chrome. That is, short of a giant clear plastic Bug and stone screen.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Geeze, just drive it..!
            There's plenty of people around here (SoCal) that drive their very expensive cars (old and new), without any sort of cover...that, by the way, will damage the paint in different ways than rocks will...anyway.

Mike

Comment

Going Bra-less. It's what I always encourage. It just seems so much more natural.
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Bob! Unfortunately, the friend and the car reside in Minnesota where going bra-less is probably rather uncomfortable this time of the year

Comment

Working...
                X