X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker truck on alcohol

Robert Kapteyn

Robert,
    Looks interesting but it is too small for me to read. Can your retype the information below the image of the truck?
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

And enlarging makes the adds words blurry.

Actually "methanol" (wood alchohol) as with "ethonol" (grain alchohol), can make more power than gasoline.
      BUT, the engine (and car) will have different requirements from gasoline.
      1. Higher compression ratio required
      2. More ignition timing required
      3. More of the given fuel
      4. Noncorrosive materials, making up the fuel system

Also a big benifit, is a cooler running engine, along with a cleaner engine. Much like Propane, the internal parts will stay much cleaner with use, as will the oil.

Mike

Comment

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Were those for export to the Phillipines? Manila Motor Co. and the 937 ONGPIN address, make me wonder about that. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by bill van alstyne View Post
            Were those for export to the Phillipines? Manila Motor Co. and the 937 ONGPIN address, make me wonder about that. Bill
            I assume the changes necessary to burn alcohol instead of gas were made by the local Philippine distributor and/or the Manila Motor Company. As Mike noted above, alcohol is a pretty good motor fuel if the engine has been modified to burn it. And if you're running a sugar cane plantation, sugar cane leavings are essentially free -- all you gotta do is set up a still and capture the ethanol. One other thing: don't forget that the Philippines were a US territory at the time -- so no "export" issues.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
            X