Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1947-1952 Starlight back window trim

Hello,

I'm currently working on my 1950 Starlight and I ran into a problem. My car has the stainless trim prices that go on the back window. I don't know what they are called but the nut plates or clips or what ever they are that hold them in place are rusted. Some of them even broke off or are about to break off. Does anyone know if there are replacements for these and when I can find them.

Have you called Studebaker International? Or Studebakers West? There was an ad on Craigslist/Ventura Calif. a month or so ago with back window moldings & parts but that ad is now gone. You could try the swap page too: http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/swap.php

Ads there are free & I've been fortunate with stuff I have looked for. Just place a "wanted" ad.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

There are three different clips: left, right and center. If push comes to shove, twenty years ago I made my own with some thin stainless, nutserts, tin snips, a drill, vise-grips and patience.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks for the advice I looked on the Studebaker parts and international web site and I couldn't find them. I might give them a call to see what they say. I didn't think about the swap page I might try that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
          There are three different clips: left, right and center. If push comes to shove, twenty years ago I made my own with some thin stainless, nutserts, tin snips, a drill, vise-grips and patience.
          ya I'm trying to avoid having to remake them but if it comes down to it I might have to

Comment

Got a pic of them? i bought a bunch of Stude clips and all kinds of fasteners at Sasco back in 2002. I might have some i might not.
            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
              Got a pic of them? i bought a bunch of Stude clips and all kinds of fasteners at Sasco back in 2002. I might have some i might not.
              At the moment no I don't the car is at my parents. I might be able to get a pix of them tomorrow and post it then. Thanks ether way though.

Comment

There's a company called, I think, Restoration Supply Company. They might be able to help you with the fasteners. Try to Google them to get their website, or even better, their phone number.
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

If you are working on this car you no doubt have the parts manuals.
                  Look up the part number of the clip you need and most vendors have their parts inventoried by part number.
                  Post the part numbers you need and we can find them.
                  Robert Kapteyn

Comment

It's too bad you don't live closer to Wilmar, Minnesota. This looks like it might have what you need, and is at Rohner's junk yard.Click image for larger version

Name:	Rohner's junkyard1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	1695195

Comment

Don't mean to hijack the post, but I need the right rear glass outta that starlight. Twchamp, are you close to this yard where the car is at?

Comment

Originally posted by old-idaho-iron View Post
                        Don't mean to hijack the post, but I need the right rear glass outta that starlight. Twchamp, are you close to this yard where the car is at?
                        No, it's Rohner's junk yard just north of Wilmar, MN, which is 125 miles west of me. They might pull it and mail it to you, but mailing glass is very risky.

Comment

Yes it can be.I'll have to look them up online. Thanks for the Info.

Comment

Studebaker part numbers are not listed in my '51-'52 Body catalog. Apparently they were included in the moulding. Perhaps they were in an earlier catalog.
                            Brad Johnson,
                            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I couldn't get a picture of them because me dad throw them away thinking they would be easy to replace. As for the part number I don't have one because I only have the shop manual and it doesn't give the part numbers. I did however draw it up on my computer with a drafting software. This isn't exact because I went off by memory but hopefully someone will know more about it when they see it.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0087.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1695197

Comment

Working...
                              X