Od cable handle location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Od cable handle location

Still working on the 62 convertible. Working under the dash, I found a vent, and looking through the box-o-parts, found the vent handle. Then, I discovered the OD handle is bolted in the place for the vent handle. So, now, the question becomes; where does the OD handle belong? Vague memory tells me it belongs on the passenger side of the steering wheel, but I am not sure. I have no doubt someone out there has an answer. This is probably the best place I have laded in for quite some time. Thanks, all, for the assistance!

...someone can give you a good pic of an original '62 dash....I'm pretty sure from the outside in: hood release, OD, vent...

Comment

I looked at a 61 Convertible with auto trans, it has the hood release, the vent , and then the air/defrost control knob. I don't think there is room for four knobs between the door and steering post. Seems like I'm asking lots of questions for a newbie!

Comment

Clyde,
        Do you have a copy of the shop manual?
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The Right Air should be on the right side of the column.
          Then outside-in from Left, Hood, Overdrive, Left Air.

A simple way, is to find the cable that goes to the Transmission and it will be the Overdrive shift cable.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I do have a shop manual, and I have been using it extensively. I didn't think to look in it for pictures of the handle locations. I'll try that.

StudeRich, the right air you refer to, is that the lever to control cabin/defrost air flow? Or is there another right side vent? I'm a little lazy, and haven't looked under the dash to see, besides, I have to walk down to the shop to do so!! Its cold and rainy here.

Comment

Working...
            X