• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagon dealership building torn down

Click image for larger version

Name:	jerico.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1746167Before that, it was a factory for horse-drawn Studebaker wagons, has been the Wilkins and Bush Garage, the Skelly Station and the Willis Jeep Dealership, according to local accounts from memory and history.

You need an online service to view this article in its entirety.
    Login

Screen Name or EmailPasswordForgot?Remember me on this computer Screen Name or Email Now I remember!

Or, use your linked account:
    facebook google yahoo aol

Need an account? Create one now.

Choose an online service.

Restorations by Skip Towne

Wow, that is a shame. We are lucky here in Portland because the Studebaker Wagon building downtown has been preserved and is still in use. They have preserved some of the history of the building and folks can visit and learn about it. Portland was one of the early West Coast hubs for Studebaker and was a very busy place before and after the turn of the last century.
    We tear down so much of our history in this country to make way for progress. It is sad.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I agree with Eddie. They used to preach not to waste, but this is a very wasteful nation. I live north of the Twin Cities, and they have torn down so many historic buildings that 3 programs have been made for television telling about it. They are called "Twin Cities Lost" vol. 1, 2, and 3.

Comment

Seems it's a problem across our country. In the town I grew up in they tore down our really cool looking Victorian Reading Seashore Line train station, WW1 Victory Arch, a indian princess water fountain, and took away the Town clock which was a four sided cut glass beauty. Sad to see them go away, takes away from the towns charm.
        One good thing is our old Studebaker building is still standing and is a electrical supply store.
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Working...
        X