Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloth Wiring Harness for 1950 Champion Overdrive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloth Wiring Harness for 1950 Champion Overdrive?

My 1950 Champion was restored 20 years ago and the guy used nice cloth wiring harness on most of the car. The overdrive harness is plastic wires, and I'd like to replace that with the correct cloth wire harness. Can this be bought, or will I have to make it up? Thanks

As far as I know, this would only be available from either YnZ's Yesterdays Parts in California or Rhode Island Wire Service in Rhode Island. Either are the very best of quality. Perhaps also Naragansett but I've never used them.

YnZs Yesterdays Parts offers its customers over 49 years experience in manufacturing wiring harnesses for antique and classic cars and trucks. YnZ's Yesterday's Parts ยท (909) 798-1498

Wiring Harnesses for Classic Car Automobile Restorations. Buy parts and accessories for Lincoln Continental, Ford, General Motors, Chrysler and more.Complete restorations. Contact Narragansett Reproductions today.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	od.harness.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	1695127
      Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Hello,

I would try the above, but would be leaning towards larkworks. They are currently making a complete harness for my 1951 Land Cruiser. The old cloth is very brittle and I wanted it to be authentic.
        1947 Studebaker M-5
        1946 Studebaker M-5
        1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
        1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
        1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

Call lark works! Donald is great to deal with and his products are excellent! I highly recommend them.

Comment

We need to support Donald and larkworks. I find it encouraging to see a young vendor like himself at our meets. He will be set up in St. Louis in August (I bet he would bring finished orders to the meet and save you on shipping!)

Studebakers West also makes harnesses but am not sure they have cloth.
            Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
            1961 Hawk 4-speed
            1967 Avanti
            1961 Lark 2 door
            1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Larkworks is new to me and I am thrilled that a new young vendor has gotten in to the field.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Donald's (Larkworks) harness fit my PHawk perfect! His support after the sale was fantastic! Everything is top notch. If I ever do another car, I will not hesitate to call on him again!
                Carey
                Packard Hawk

Comment

Working...
                X