No announcement yet.

"New" 1904 Studebaker buggy (big pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" 1904 Studebaker buggy (big pics)

As I mentioned in the other thread about the 4 door Avanti, I stopped on my way home and took a number of pictures of my buggy in an old upscale Richmond neighborhood. Here are several of them.

Here is a link to the other pictures:

You did good Gary nice pics but not enough horsepower for my needs

Frank van Doorn
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Conv
    1941 Champion R-2 Rod
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

We do a lot of work in Windsor Farms and I met a guy who lives there who collects buggies and wagons. Occasionally he has on in front of his house on Exeter Rd.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Nice photos, Gary. Horse-drawn vehicles do look more complete when photographed with shafts, don't they? 'Hadn't thought of that! [:0] BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Several of those are potential TW cover pics IMHO

55 Commander
          58 Transtar
          62 GT Hawk
          66 Cruiser

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Nice photos, Gary. Horse-drawn vehicles do look more complete when photographed with shafts, don't they? 'Hadn't thought of that! [:0] BP
            I agree. Without the shafts, they appear too much like what is referred to as horseless carriages (gasolene or electric power).

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

They look even better when complete with the horse power.

No, that's not a Studebaker my wife is driving, however the one below is:

'Course, that's not the avarage type of vehicle... Certainly a lot more trouble than Guido's Piano-box or my Klieber Doctor's Buggy.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              Lotsa Larks!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Nice pictures of your buggy Gary,looks to be in real goog shape.
                Are you going to bring any to the PA.Meet

Lenny
                Atlanta Ga.

Comment

Nicely composed photographs. The lighting and backgrounds are terrific. Good work.
                  The wagon is pretty nice too.
                  Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]They look even better when complete with the horse power.
                    If I had to opt for a 1904 Studebaker, I'd take the horseless model that feeds on octane rather than oats!![:0]

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Lenny R2

Nice pictures of your buggy Gary,looks to be in real goog shape.
                      Are you going to bring any to the PA.Meet
                      Lenny,

I will at least bring this one and perhaps the yellow one too as well as my Studebaker built Onan generator. I am undecided on what vehicle to bring, possibly my '62 GT, maybe my '61 E-28 or the '46 fire truck. I still have 10 months to figure it out.

Gary

Comment

quote:Originally posted by raprice

Nicely composed photographs. The lighting and backgrounds are terrific. Good work. The wagon is pretty nice too.
                        Rog
                        Rog,

This was a spur of the moment type thing. I really wanted to find a spot with a nice white 3 board fence with a pictorial scene behind it, but my time was limited as I put the buggy in winter storage yesterday.

On my way back from the meet Saturday I decided to stop by Windsor Farms. My first choice was the entrance road to the neighborhood that has a nice treed median with a brick guardhouse, but there was no where to park and there were cars on the street. I went further in and found this location at the Women's Club that had a nice parking lot in front.

The pictures with the brick columns were taken there, the Tudor style building is right next door. I just rolled it down the brick sidewalk and shot the pictures. The one with the open spaces was taken across the road. Several people that were walking their dogs stopped and spoke with me, but no one seemed concerned that I was there. One even asked if there was a wedding (there is a church adjoining the open field you see in the one picture). I am hopeful that Art will be able to use one of them.

Gary

Comment

My sister and future brother-in-law gave me these vintage Studebaker Electric 1904 glass beads or buttons. Does anyone know the original purpose of these buttons? I can only think that they were for promotional use and originally set in (crimped into) button frames.

Image here: http://tinyurl.com/7lqevt

Thanks!

Jersey2J | Sacramento, CA
                          9G 1950 Studebaker Champion 4-Door Regal DeLuxe
                          Visit my Studebaker Site: http://www.studebakerguide.com

Comment

Richard Quinn (Studebaker Wheel) can probably tell you what they are for.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

That wagon is beautiful. If it were up to my wife Cindi that's how she would travel.

ErnieR

On its way to a 15.097 Spring 2006.

Comment

Working...
                              X