PDA

View Full Version : 1959 Lark on Ebay and Heater and Oil Filter Questions

TWChamp
01-21-2015, 09:49 AM
Here's a nice looking Lark, or should I say a Lark in good looking condition. LOL
Anyway I was wondering if that oil filter is original, or did someone replace the canister style with the spin on filter?
Also I was wondering what is the last year of the underseat heater? Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-2-dr-hardtop-Lark-STUDEBAKER-/161560001350?forcerrptr=true&hash=item259db9fb46&item=161560001350&pt=US_Cars_Trucks#ht_330wt_1105

jackb
01-21-2015, 09:55 AM
....oil filter is correct for year and engine....no under seat heater on any Larks..... this car needs an eyewitness check before any bids....and a drive to see why the 100 mile engine needs it's house sold....?

showbizkid
01-21-2015, 10:24 AM
It does look like a very nice ride.

52hawk
01-21-2015, 10:58 AM
2 hours left and only 3.5k. A nice 4 door would bring that much!

Lamar
01-21-2015, 11:11 AM
Problem is location, it's in the wrong part of the world. :D Lamar

StudeDave57
01-21-2015, 01:21 PM
Also I was wondering what is the last year of the underseat heater?

I can't say what happened with the C/Ks, but for sedans I'm fairly certain the last year was '58.

this car needs an eyewitness check before any bids....and a drive to see why the 100 mile engine needs it's house sold....?
Allen is well known in the area. I'm sure it is as good or BETTER then advertised.
If nothing else- contact him through eBay or this Forum. He's a member here... ;) :!:

StudeDave '57 :cool:

Warren Webb
01-21-2015, 01:42 PM
The 59 I recently acquired has the same oil filter. This car looks very nice & would make a great ride. If anyone in here buys it I have an overdrive T-96 setup for it.

StudeRich
01-21-2015, 01:58 PM
That is a beautiful, sharp looking little lark. That nice Red Interior is to die for!
The Ad says the interior appears original, but it looks to me like possibly a former owner replaced it, as it looks perfect also correct, and the sun and time usually fade that Red a lot more after 55 years.

It's gone at $5000.00, I watched it count down fully expecting some lucky dog to snipe it at 5 seconds, but it did not happen.

The Barrett Jackson Oasis Green '60 Lark VIII Auto. Hardtop went for exactly DOUBLE that, but of course look where it was!

oltrknut
01-21-2015, 02:37 PM
The car was a great buy for someone, spent most of its life stored under cover, hence the great interior. The engine has no miles because I didnt want to sell it with a bad rod bearing. E-bay Is not for those who fear the deal, but has worked well for me. Freight sometimes is just the added cost of a good deal.

HawkGT
01-25-2015, 01:59 AM
[QUOTE=TWChamp;895998]Here's a nice looking Lark, or should I say a Lark in good looking condition. LOL
Anyway I was wondering if that oil filter is original, or did someone replace the canister style with the spin on filter?
Also I was wondering what is the last year of the underseat heater? Thanks

Regarding under-seat heaters, the sedans acquired an under-dash heater in '58, when Studebaker finally eliminated the side vents in favor of air coming in at the front. Then in '61 they went to the cowl vent in front of the windshield. So '57 was the last sedans with under-seat heaters. On Hawks there was an under-seat heater through '62 (a very bad idea after the console was added between the seats). In '63 and '64 Hawks, the air still comes in at the side vents, but the heater is mounted on the right fender apron (where it was on '58 through '60 sedans) and from there under the dash.

mbstude
01-25-2015, 08:20 AM
Regarding under-seat heaters, the sedans acquired an under-dash heater in '58, when Studebaker finally eliminated the side vents in favor of air coming in at the front. Then in '61 they went to the cowl vent in front of the windshield. So '57 was the last sedans with under-seat heaters. On Hawks there was an under-seat heater through '62 (a very bad idea after the console was added between the seats). In '63 and '64 Hawks, the air still comes in at the side vents, but the heater is mounted on the right fender apron (where it was on '58 through '60 sedans) and from there under the dash.

My '58 Commander four door had an underseat heater. The car was 100% original and had been sitting in a barn for 35 years where the original owner left it, so I'm pretty sure that's the way it was built.

stephenj
01-25-2015, 08:56 AM
My 58 Commander also has the underseat heater and is original.

StudeRich
01-25-2015, 01:14 PM
/Cut/Regarding under-seat heaters, the sedans acquired an under-dash heater in '58, when Studebaker finally eliminated the side vents in favor of air coming in at the front. Then in '61 they went to the cowl vent in front of the windshield. So '57 was the last sedans with under-seat heaters. On Hawks there was an under-seat heater through '62 (a very bad idea after the console was added between the seats). In '63 and '64 Hawks, the air still comes in at the side vents, but the heater is mounted on the right fender apron (where it was on '58 through '60 sedans) and from there under the dash.

The '58 Sedans and Wagons have the same under seat heater as '57's, the air for the under seat heater core is not fed from the fender doors on '57's and of course not '58's with none.
Unlike '47-'56's, It comes from a screened opening in the front air baffle behind the Grille on the right.

The inner fender mounted heater boxes were not used on Sedans/Wagons '58-'60, but '59 to '60 also '60-'64 Champ Trucks with a similar but different setup for '63-'64 Hawks.