Wire Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Wire Harness

Anyone have a pic or 2 of wire harness for a 6 cylinder Champ? Or would someone take a few detailed pics of what goes where? Someone in it's past has made a jumbled mess of one I'm trying to get up and running. Don't want to wait 3 or 4 months to get a new one. I've purchase used pieces of harnesses to put it together with that have same colors and terminals.
    If you can send to email;
    hudsonbaker@myexcel.com
    thanks in advance,
    Kim

What year is this and does it have any extras?

Comment

I think a wiring diagram would be of more benefit than pictures; and easier to transmit.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The biggest difference is the generator/alternator wires are shorter & are found on the drivers (left) side rather than going to the right side with the headlamp/parking lamp wiring.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Thanks guys. It has generator on driver's side and no extras other than overdrive. I have only the diagram on one of the websites and can't get it to up size enough to tell anything. It's a 61. Has a flat connector that has 2 female, one male and there's nowhere to plug it. I have an NOS light harness with flat connector with 3 male, 1 female. Kinda frustrated and having trouble getting it to run. Again thanks for the responses.
          Kim

Comment

Kim, what color are the wires? The lengths & positions may be different but the color of the wires are the same for those circuits.
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

There in lies one of the problems, color identification. Whenever I've done wiring on a car over the years I've relied on my kids to help me. I probably wouldn't be asking these dumb questions if I wasn't color stupid. Looking at wires that are 50 plus years old and trying to match NOS is bit of a challenge. Guess I need to find a diagram I can enlarge so I can read it.
              I appreciate the help,
              Kim

Comment

There in lies one of the problems, color identification. I call myself color stupid. matching 50 plus year old to new is a bit of a challenge. Wires have some kinda grunge on them as a result of engine compartment having been hosed with what looks like wrinkle paint. I've wired a number of vehicles, Street rods, my 50 Hudson, and a few Studebakers. But they were kits with instructions. Also I've always recruited one of my kids to help with color identification. Guess I'll keep poking around find a diagram I can enlarge. 66 year old eyes make it a bit a challenge as well.
                Thank for the help,
                Kim

Comment

When I bought my 1950 Champion the first thing I did was take my shop manual to the print shop and had the electrical schematic and lubrication chart blown up into wall posters. It's handy to have them on the wall of the garage.

Comment

Great Idea, Thanks you.
                    Kim

Comment

TWChamp hit that nail square,(watch my finger) as i have done the same thing. my carport/garage looks like a dealership,s shop. Kinko's is on a first name basis with the old guy with the neat cars,one even whistles! Doofus

Comment

When you say 'flat connector', does it have all three terminals in a row, and not one above the other? Does the connector have an offset, and the terminals are round 'bullet' style, not flat 'spade' style? This is probably the connector for the wiper motor.
                        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

By now ya know I aint too smart. Connector in question goes to wiper. I don't have a wiper motor as. Any has a working one I'd be a buyer. 56 to 61 I think.
                          Also got it running today.
                          Kim

Comment

Doofus, email sent

Comment

Replacement wiper motor

Did you find a suitable replacement for your missing wiper motor?
                              Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X