Is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it?

Just saw this today is it a ce? Jan 18 1935 STUDEBAKER PICKUP RAT ROD/HOT ROD $7500 (GRIDLEY) Was this talked about in the past? If it was I don't remember.

Whatever it WAS, it is no more!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Doesn't look like a 35 to me. Who knows what his paperwork, if any, says.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Sad, is it not...gather some rather rare parts, some valuable parts...cobble them into a "debris field"...and look for another tasteless rube to pay you money for it!

Reminds me of an old "do-wop" era song that should be permanently playing through the grille..."Why do fools fall in love?"
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I realize the whole thing is just a bunch of missed match parts but look at the cab, the dash it sure looks like a 37 ce cab.

Comment

Every time I see something like that "thing", I ask myself: why? I will never understand.....I guess this old man just isn't "with it" anymore!
            "To each his own"
            Lou Van Anne
            62 Champ
            64 R2 GT Hawk
            79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
              Every time I see something like that "thing", I ask myself: why? I will never understand.....I guess this old man just isn't "with it" anymore!
              "To each his own"
              I feel the same way. When I get on a rant about the latest crop of weird automotive creations, I remember how my dad disliked the street rods I exclaimed over when I was young. It helps.....a little.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Steve, Want to take a ride up and have look?....should be worth a laugh or two.
                Originally posted by 55coupe View Post
                Just saw this today is it a ce? Jan 18 1935 STUDEBAKER PICKUP RAT ROD/HOT ROD $7500 (GRIDLEY) Was this talked about in the past? If it was I don't remember.
                Lou Van Anne
                62 Champ
                64 R2 GT Hawk
                79 Avanti II

Comment

Thanks Lou no I don't think I would fit in the thing. As I mature I seem to get larger and less flexable for those small spaces.

Comment

Originally posted by 55coupe View Post
                    I realize the whole thing is just a bunch of missed match parts but look at the cab, the dash it sure looks like a 37 ce cab.
                    I think you're right about the cab, Steve. Good eye. I wonder where the rest of it went??
                    sals54

Comment

What rare parts I have to ask? The grill shell and the body are not classified as 'rare' as far as I know in the world of collectable cars and parts. The entire car, short of that, is junk yard garbage and was obviously built to sell,as you point out, to some rube that recently fell in love with the rat rod theme. However, it is his stuff and he can do whatever he wishes....in my book. Always felt that if there is at least ONE reasonable example of a particular car in some museum all the rest can safely be tortured in any manner the owner pleases. Surprising, to me, that so many people claim to be 'tolerant' of any diversity' [no matter how destructive to our society] but are decidedly intolerant of any perceived ill treatment of pieces of iron, by others, in the "privacy of their own shops".

Comment

IIRC, in Fred Fox's article on Coupe Expresses, the city of Chico, Calif. purchased a fleet of '37(?) CEs. Always thought someone needs to beat the bushes up there and look for any still waiting to be found in the area. Well, Gridley aint too far from Chico. For some reason I always pictured Chico's fleet as yellow, too...Hmm...
                        KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by oldsalt View Post
                          What rare parts I have to ask? The grill shell and the body are not classified as 'rare' as far as I know in the world of collectable cars and parts. The entire car, short of that, is junk yard garbage and was obviously built to sell,as you point out, to some rube that recently fell in love with the rat rod theme. However, it is his stuff and he can do whatever he wishes....in my book. Always felt that if there is at least ONE reasonable example of a particular car in some museum all the rest can safely be tortured in any manner the owner pleases. Surprising, to me, that so many people claim to be 'tolerant' of any diversity' [no matter how destructive to our society] but are decidedly intolerant of any perceived ill treatment of pieces of iron, by others, in the "privacy of their own shops".
                          What a funny post! Especially, in the wake of Jack Vines' recent thread http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghts-break-out.

Coast to coast cabin fever.

For me, any CE cab is a "rare/valuable" part.

One thing I hold dear, is my "free speech" right. It is one of the rights I engaged in actual combat defending. Encompassed in that right, is the risk of exposing ignorance, a deficiency of articulate expression, insensitivity toward the tender emotions of "others," and various other weaknesses of "understanding."

Thanks for the reality check. I'll try to ponder that as I look into the mirror this morning (at my ugly mug) getting ready for my appointment at the VA. (Still dealing with the repercussions of that combat over forty years ago.)
                          John Clary
                          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Looks like it might be a 37 ce cab. Someone should buy it and switch the cab out and build a CE from the cab.
                            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Think of how tough it would be if we ALL loved the same car... or the same woman! Though I personally despise rat-rods, VIVA LA DIFFERENCE and do it however ya like!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X