Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is AC 3180 L on a 63 Hawk ??

My factory order shows my 63 GT came with AC 3180 L. I can't find this
    liated in any of my manuals. Anyone know what it is ??
    Thanks,
    Dick Curtis

1950 Champion Starlight
    1963 Hawk GT
    Santa Barbara
    CA

The 1950 Champion Starlight
    Santa Barbara
    CA

3180 is a Strato-vue mirror. My guess is the "L" means left (driver's) side.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

3180 is a Strato-vue mirror. My guess is the "L" means left (driver's) side.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mr. Biggs,
        Gee, a "Strato-vue" mirrow- sounds like something really special-wonder what mirror you got if one didn't order this $8.00 option.
        BTW I was glad to find , in an earlier thread, your interest in old timer model planes. I built an 80" span Quaker from the original 1938 plans. It is RC, rudder and elevators, and powered by an Astro 40 geared and running from 18, 1800 NiCd cells. Still flying it occasionally. If your interested in the model I can send the plans.
        Thank you for clearing up the accessory mystery.
        ...Dick Curtis
        Santa Barbara
        CA

Comment

Mr. Biggs,
          Gee, a "Strato-vue" mirrow- sounds like something really special-wonder what mirror you got if one didn't order this $8.00 option.
          BTW I was glad to find , in an earlier thread, your interest in old timer model planes. I built an 80" span Quaker from the original 1938 plans. It is RC, rudder and elevators, and powered by an Astro 40 geared and running from 18, 1800 NiCd cells. Still flying it occasionally. If your interested in the model I can send the plans.
          Thank you for clearing up the accessory mystery.
          ...Dick Curtis
          Santa Barbara
          CA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by starlightchamp

Mr. Biggs,
            You wouldn't get ANY mirror...unless the dealer installed one and charged you for it. The dealer might install a Strato-vue or some other Studebaker mirror OR they might install one they sourced locally.

I'm not sure when each state started requiring a driver's side outside mirror...probably most after 1963, however.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by starlightchamp

Mr. Biggs,
              You wouldn't get ANY mirror...unless the dealer installed one and charged you for it. The dealer might install a Strato-vue or some other Studebaker mirror OR they might install one they sourced locally.

I'm not sure when each state started requiring a driver's side outside mirror...probably most after 1963, however.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
              X