Studebaker Sulky.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Sulky.

This is reportedly a Studebaker Street Sulky which is coming up for auction at a clearing sale here in Australia.
    There is no other info on the Estate Agents web site. It is 2 hours dive from me and I would not like to go all that way to find that it not a Stude. Can anyone here tell by looking at this small picture, If it may be be as described. Thanks in advance.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Stude buggy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	1746134
    Dave Pink
    Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
    1925 ER Tourer
    1925 Panel Delivery
    1953 Champion Sedan
    1957 Golden Hawk
    1971 Avanti II

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
    http://www.studebakercarclub.net

I am no expert on Studebaker horse drawn conveyances, however, my first impression from looking at the wheel construction is no, it is not a Studebaker.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I don't know for a fact, but I have been told that Studebaker placed a metal tag, stenciled, or used a hot iron to place their manufacturing tag (Logo) on the underside of almost all their horse drawn vehicles. I don't know how far back (or how early) this practice was initiated, but I have seen metal tags on buggy axles and undercarriages, and a couple of painted stencils on farm wagons. Hopefully, someone with credible knowledge will chime in on the subject.

Through the years, I have been offered a few horse drawn wagons which the owner claimed were Studebaker. Without credible identification, I have refused to buy.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

We need StudeClunker to put his bumbershoot away and come look at this thread...

Some Studebaker buggy steps have "Studebaker" cast into the tread. Of course, these can be switched and bolted onto anything...
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

About 25 years ago I saw a beautiful Studebaker buggy with a folding top, and it had a brass Studebaker tag on it.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. Because I would have to take a day off work, and not even sure of what it is, I think that I will give it a miss.
            Dave Pink
            Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
            1925 ER Tourer
            1925 Panel Delivery
            1953 Champion Sedan
            1957 Golden Hawk
            1971 Avanti II

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
            http://www.studebakercarclub.net

Comment

Does it come with the original horses????

Now that would be interesting!!!

Chris.

Comment

Working...
              X