New 63 sheet metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 63 sheet metal

and I just read a post about "watching the world go by"....... this seller will be doing a lot of that with these parts......

Comment

Interesting..

If he had the inner right rear quarter and the trunk, he would have an almost complete rear of a Stude..

Comment

In the text of the ad he states he has both trunk walls. It must have been something to gather all the pieces!

Comment

I wonder if he knows that you can buy a complete 63 four-door running with no rust for three grand or less?

Besides which, I doubt he will ever find anyone that is doing that in-depth of a repair to a four-door Lark.

Hope it isn't a situation where the seller stays unrealistic until he passes, then his heirs end up sending it all to the dump. It happens all too frequently.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
            Besides which, I doubt he will ever find anyone that is doing that in-depth of a repair to a four-door Lark.
            Actually Bob, about 25 years ago I did just that. Couldn't get the inner right rear well or NOS trunk pan from Newman & Altman at that time and had to go with a CE trunk floor. Car still around. Look at sig. picture.

Doug
            1963 Canadian Lark VY-6 4E2-122 Deluxe Scotsman

Bognor, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I got asked for a 1963 trunk floor recently. If I had known about these parts, we would have gladly paid the money for N.O.S stuff rather than cutting up a donor car.

Chris.

Comment

I see my future project on the back wall. Yep, I got one of Classic Enterprise's two piece trunk floors for the '63 Daytona a month back, and I have to repeat the process that I used on the front floor panels come springtime!
                1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Please note, that aside from the outer quarter panels, the rest of the parts are the same for both 2 and 4 doors..

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                    Please note, that aside from the outer quarter panels, the rest of the parts are the same for both 2 and 4 doors..
                    These seem to have the rear edge of the back door openings. I think they could be made to work on a two door without too much effort.

Comment

Way back in the days of Sasco I bought all the sheet metal they had for a 1964 convertible. This was when they had sheet metal sales around May every year. I got every piece of exterior sheet metal except the doors for less than $600.00 including shipping. I haven't needed the parts for my convertible, but I have acquired a 1962 two-door Commander which will need just about all of it. Now, I have to look for trunk and floor panels. I could probably use the trunk panel shown above, but I can't pay that price for only piece that I need.

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                        If you have studied the two and four door body shells on the later Larks you wil find they share the same panels with maybe with only an addition of one piece of panel that can be removed or added. I have purchased four door sedans cheaply only to cut them up and use all of it on a two door, with the exception of the roof skin and side roof rail supports.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X