1958 Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Wagon

Just curious about this wagon, it appears to be a TT car. was this rare in a station wagon?http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4843513809.html

Nice wagon!

Comment

Add says needs hood. He forgot to say [one of things needed is hood]

Comment

My '57 Clipper Wagon has TT.
        Bill

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
          Add says needs hood. He forgot to say [one of things needed is hood]
          Right front tire seems to be a more pressing need that a dentless hood, it seems to me.

Comment

My 58 Provincial has TT.

John

Comment

Although there were 1956 Stude. Trucks and Packards built with Twin Traction, and a few 1957's, 1958 was the Big "Intro Year" for them, they were well advertised.

It is my opinion that every 1958 1/2 "J" Body Hardtop that could possibly be ordered with TT unless special ordered and not selected by a buyer was built with it, '58 Hardtop Sedans without it, are extremely rare.

They really did want to jump on the fact that they were first with Limited Slip, but this did come a bit late because '58 Chevy's and probably other GM's did have "Posi-Traction" as a rarely ordered option.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My 1957 Packard wagon has Twin-Traction. The only other Studebaker product I owned which had this option was my 62 Lark Daytona convertible.
                sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

The majority of the wagons I have seen had twin traction on them.

Comment

Working...
                  X