Resale question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resale question

I have a non-running, non-restored 1949 2R 17A truck. It has a 5 yard dump bed and hydraulics, also from 1949. I am considering offering it for sale and am wondering if the greatest return would come from selling the dump bed separate from the truck or the other way around. In other words, is the sum of the two worth more than the parts?

Unfortunately the desirability, and therefore the value, is so low, I don't think it will make any difference.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Hard to say on this one. If you sold the dump body how much could it bring? What's the demand for that kind of thing? With no bed on the back the value of the truck would decrease even more due to the buyer most likely will want either a flatbed or pickup bed & His (or hers) expense in doing that. Being a non-runner brings it down even more, the buyer would be looking at an engine swap at the least.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

That seems to be the problem with Older heavy Trucks, very, very few people are going to actually USE one today.
        Did Lawyers and Insurance Co.'s contribute to this? PROBABLY!

That and the changing times, now trucks have 400+ H.P., Power; Steering, Brakes, Windows, Seats and Door Locks, Air Conditioning, Air Bags, Shoulder Harnesses, Cruise Control, a Rear Bumper, Turn Signals, Intermittent Wipers, Windshield Washers, 4 Way Flashers, 4 channel Stereo with CD player, Automatic, 4 + Speed Overdrive and MORE! Well, you get it.

They are usually Museum pieces or scrap, just ask Guido, his Heavy trucks have been For Sale forever.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Years ago I restored a 49 Chevy 2 ton flat bed truck. The cost was about the same as a P.U. but, no-one wanted to buy it. Too big, too slow. Pretty much a parade vehicle. I thought about putting a Dodge Cummins diesel in it, but I really had no use for a large truck. I ended up selling it to a band at a loss. They wanted it for a portable stage.

Comment

Where is Yreka? Can the truck be made to run again? I need a dump truck for off highway use within a few miles of my home. A Stude would fit the bill if its close and reasonable enough. Steve
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                Where is Yreka? Can the truck be made to run again? I need a dump truck for off highway use within a few miles of my home. A Stude would fit the bill if its close and reasonable enough. Steve
                I think Yreka is in California. A long drive for you.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                X