Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1956 Power Hawk on the Ontario Kijji site ,,, Im interested ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956 Power Hawk on the Ontario Kijji site ,,, Im interested ..

I don't know if that link will work as Im not to good with those . There is a 1956 Power Hawk with a 259 V8 with 3 speed od ..
    Its blue in color and in great condition with lots of work done .. Does anyone know this car ? Is it as good as it looks ?
    I love the colors and everything about the car . The fender skirts are the only thing that don't work for me . And the lack of AC
    but these items can be rectified .. As A lover of finless hawks Im very curious about this car .. My next Studebaker purchase will be
    a finless hawk or an Avanti ,.. Any info shared would be greatly appreciated ,,, Maybe find a stude member to check it over for me ..
    Or a shop to give it a check over .. My last sight unseen car was a disaster !!! expensive disaster ...
    THanks for any help . Love reading the forums ...

Randy
    Love my Lark

Appears to be in real nice condition. Note the sun shade over the front window.

Comment

Randy, there are no registered Ontario SDC members in Sudbury...there is however a International member there, from the roster

Larry English
      705-566-2807
      63 Hawk
      Bill Foy
      1000 Islands, Ontario
      1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Check out the eight track, very nice car

Comment

Been discussed here a few months ago, too.
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I searched the forums cause I suspected this car had been discussed and I couldn't find anything .. So I decided to post on here ..
            I was in that area in November when my Grandma passed away but was to busy to track the car down .. Wish I had of .
            Love my Lark

Comment

Here's a direct link to the ad's details:

Jim K.
              63 Hawk

Comment

I agree that the skirts would have to go. I'd also remove the ouside sunshade. It does look nice, but for the money, I'd have to see it in person.

Comment

I have what used to be a brand new set of fender skirts that I bought for my 1955 coupe. I painted them yellow but couldn't bring myself around to drilling the holes (required) in the fenders. I also wasn't comfortable with the look.

Then I restored another coupe - the one in the picture. I had them painted green, and they almost went on the car but they wouldn't fit with the 205 tires. (they only fit with 195 tires, unless you use different rims.) They are still hanging on my wall, and I'm sure I will find a use for them.

Comment

I believe if that car were mine, I'd remove the visor from the front and install it over the rear windshield. No wind drag there, but would still look cool.

Comment

Hmmm That is dissapointing to hear that possibly holes were drilled to put the skirts on ...
                      The visor I agree would have to go as well .. The power hawk with its nice clean lines jsut doesn't need the add ons ..
                      I have seen some with the continental kit and it really looks odd in my opion ..
                      Has anyone see this car in person ??
                      Love my Lark

Comment

The pictures look like it is in good shape but a bit hard to get at.

It looks like the car is on a Reservation on Manitoulin Island, not in Sudbury.

Comment

Yes stephenj your right .. Its not very accessible that is for sure .. I was limited in time when I was in ontario last november and it was just to far away to be able to look at it ..
                          I was hoping someone on here knew the car or looked it over .. Im in the market for a decent finless hawk .. Either a early hawk or gt ..
                          Love my Lark

Comment

Working...
                          X