1963 Studebaker Champ Pickup Truck - $4700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Studebaker Champ Pickup Truck - $4700

Nice looking Champ For Sale in N.E. Ohio.
    Gary

does anyone know much about it? I have a buddy who would love it. R
    64 GT R1 4sp Hawk
    Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC

Comment

It sounds too good to be true. If it is rust free and drives as good as it looks I would drive it back to California in a heart beat.

Comment

Wasn't all V8's full flow oil systems by 1963? If so...although the claim is relatively low mileage, this is not an original engine.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
          Wasn't all V8's full flow oil systems by 1963? If so...although the claim is relatively low mileage, this is not an original engine.
          Right. IIRC, full-flow engines did not become available in trucks until the beginning of the 1963 8E series, so either this isn't a 63 or it's not the original engine.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Nice'63! Particularly the sheet metal.

Comment

That is a very nice one of a kind custom rear bumper and Trailer hitch receiver combo someone made for it, unfortunately having to cut up a rare Factory Rear Bumper, but now it is stronger.

I agree with post 4 and part of Post #5, the suspended pedals say 8E '63-'64 but the Engine definitely does not.

It looks like it had an early '62 Car or Truck Engine installed, it MAY be a 289.

Late '62 Trucks DID have Full Flow Engines however, usually with the Full flow Filter Block-off plate and if ordered, a Drop-in Canister bi-pass Type Filter on top and only ONE R/H Valve Cover with an Oil Cap.
              No exhaust Head Pipe was made for C Cabs and only for T Cabs in '63 to clear the Filter.
              Last edited by StudeRich; 01-05-2015, 12:10 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X