Budweiser wagon a Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budweiser wagon a Studebaker

I just watched a UK-produced documentary about large breed working horses.
    It seems a British TV actor (Martin Clunes from "Doc Martin") has a pair of Clydesdales he keeps on his farm and is trying to teach them...and him...how to do farm work.
    He was invited by Bud to drive one of their Clydesdale teams in New Orleans.
    He was told that the wagon was made by Studebaker.

You wagon fans may have already known that, but it's the first time I've heard that.
    As they say, any publicity is good publicity...
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Come to the 2015 Meet in St. Louis and you will be able to see at least one in person!
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

You want me to Meet You in St. Louis?

What's going on here...am I Judy Garland and this a MGM musical?
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I saw them about 14 years ago at Grant's Farm, run by the beer people.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I know for certain that the wagon pulled by the Clydesdale hitch based out of Fort Collins, CO is indeed, a Studebaker. I recall signing the purchase requisition to buy it and have it restored in 1987 when we built the Clydesdale Hamlet at the Fort Collins Anheuser-Busch brewery.

Comment

...and if you dig back far enough into your old TW's, I think you will find an article that when the Brewery decided they needed to build a new wagon 20-25 years ago, they used their Studebaker as the model.

Comment

At the old Studebaker mansion which is now a restaurant there is a model of the bud wagon upstairs. There are a lot of cool models on display up there.

Good food too.
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

previously posted, seen at the Big E (Springfield MA) with Clydesdales the past couple years
                Attached Files

Comment

I already enjoyed Budweiser, now I have further reason to drink up.

Comment

Those Clydesdales are awesome horses. There is a breeder a few miles from me and I was able to ride the biggest one they have for almost two hours over the summer. It was an awesome experience to say the least. It got my wife thinking we should get one as she loves bigger versions of regular animals, like our mammoth Great Dane.

Comment

I have a friend Jim Bean who runs the family business the Bean ranch. It is a horse stable in Canutillo Tx. and the Budweiser Clydesdales stay there occasionally. My dad loves to go over and help out when they are there.
                      It's also a big deal to the kids in the area as they all get to visit them.

Dean.

Comment

I drove my 50 Champ to the Studebaker museum in September, and that's when I learned about Studebaker making the wagon. For those who have never been to the Studebaker museum in South Bend, it's really worth the trip, and the senior admission price is only $6. This was only my second trip to the museum, the other being in the early 70's, when I bought a bunch of parts from the old factory building owned by Neuman-Altman. That was a lucky visit to N-A, as I found both front NOS 1950 Commander fenders for $125 each.

Comment

Working...
                        X