Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FantomWorks Avanti Project

If anyone is interested,

At this moment there is an episode of Fantomworks on and they are working on an Avanti. The guy is about to install some kind of electric power column assist because there is apparently no place to put power steering.
    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

That episode has aired several times. It has been discussed here also. The owner was nuts to spend that kind of money.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

It's a 1983 Avanti...and it REALLY came out nice!....High point car at Dover this past summer

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
            It's a 1983 Avanti...and it REALLY came out nice!....High point car at Dover this past summer
            I watched it again last night, it is an Avanti and no Monday Night Football. While it was crazy money it really is a nice car. I like to watch it turn out of the shop, A really clean, straight body by the video.

Comment

I saw one of those power units in my hotrod mag. it goes in line on the steering shaft to the box and helps turn the shaft. all electric so you dont need a ps. pump or any hoses.

Comment

I own an '83 and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Makes me appreciate what I have and how special pristine original really is. It came out as a very nice car, but at close to $100,000 so it should be. I wonder what they did with the bumpers?
                Bill

Comment

I saw the car at Dover and it was quite impressively done...some really nice custom touches. It was taken from the shop directly to Dover without some shakedown to address possible issues. In fact...it wouldn't start on the show field and I loan the owner the portable jump starter to get it going. There was a few other issues that caused the owner some grief...nothing that was insurmountable but should have been tested by the shop before letting the car go with the customer.
                  Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

And then there's this

Bill Foy
                    1000 Islands, Ontario
                    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

SN-60: You mentioned this was "high point car at Dover this past Summer". This car actually scored 393 points with SDC and AOAI points were never printed. There were many vehicles at Dover that scored higher than 393. stupak

Comment

just wondering if they put hog troughs in it? jimmijim
                        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Billy View Post
                          I like this, Thx for the post.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                            just wondering if they put hog troughs in it? jimmijim
                            Late in the show they had a quick shot of someone ripping out a piece of rusty metal from underneath. I'll assume it was part of a hog trough.

Comment

C'mon....
                              Put that in the form of a trivia question!

Originally posted by stupak View Post
                              SN-60: You mentioned this was "high point car at Dover this past Summer". This car actually scored 393 points with SDC and AOAI points were never printed. There were many vehicles at Dover that scored higher than 393. stupak
                              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                              X