Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Among my souvenirs #16 (Time to buy a Studebaker...clock)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Among my souvenirs #16 (Time to buy a Studebaker...clock)

Hard to argue with that sentiment! Clock is 18 X 18" and weighs 13 lbs. Believe form the 1940s.

Click image for larger version

Name:	clock my time to buy labeled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	1745980
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

What a great looking clock. Richard, have you thought about opening your own Studebaker museum?LOL

Comment

first I have ever seen, thanks for sharing
      Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
      1961 Hawk 4-speed
      1967 Avanti
      1961 Lark 2 door
      1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Richard: Looks to nice to be that old. A 'Quinn' repro??? stupak

Comment

The Blue sure look amatureish, (If thats a word LOL>
          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Dick,
            That is certainly a handsome clock & weighing 13 lbs - wow! I sold all my Studebaker watches years ago but retain a 3" diameter black faced 8 day clock with the Studebaker script on the face. I figure it is from around the teens to the 1920 period & mounted on the dash of the Studebakers. It works perfectly & very accurate. It is Swiss made.
            Thanks again for sharing one of your many treasures here on the Forum.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
            MELBOURNE.

Comment

Dick-Do you think that is painted by a "local" company for a dealer? The script makes me think it's not an official Studebaker Co. delivered item....but still very cool!

Comment

Guaranteed to be old and original. Got it out of the dealership in Bloomer, Wisconsin (Erickson Motors) in the early 70s. I have seen similar clocks with different logos so am sure they were marketed to dealers just like after market accessories. It is neon and was made by Neon Products Inc of Lima, Ohio.....and it works! Want one? Just check here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Art-Deco-193...-/351254074323 Buy it and redo the face. I didn't have to!
                Richard Quinn
                Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Working...
                X