Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pair of 63 GT's R-1 or not ????????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pair of 63 GT's R-1 or not ????????????????

today I spent about 2 hours with the seller of these 2 63 GT Hawks, first off neither one is an Avanti powered car both have a "P" number engine, both are column shift autos with out cooling lines and I see no place was there ever any Avanti powered emblems, the white one has a stuck engine and is a 2 bld. carb and is not just a parts car, the interior is very useable even the headliner, has a full dash and push button radio, good glass, good stainless, useable chrome the grille shell has bolt puckers and some small pitting, car has some minor rust bubbles starting in the front fenders and doors with a small spot at the drip rail but easy fix the trunk floor is really nice and solid, the carpet is good but wet from all the rain we have had, so I did not try and pull any up but from the under side I did not see any rust out spots. The front bumper need to be re-chromed but is a good bumper as are the guards. the mileage shows 89286 and ID number is 63V 27757 engine # is P 102210 and cowell # is 63V K6 over 3005 brakes will need to be redone along wit hsome engine work but this car should be restored. car is missing the 4 wheel well moldings.

The brown or tan car is also a "P" number engine "P"98175 with a stock AFB Carter 4 bld carb. and stock air cleaner, it also has the column shift auto and no cooling lines , it has power steering but not power brakes, engine starts right up and holds good oil pressure and did not heat up when sitting there running for about a1/2 hour it has a full dash and all gauges look to be working even the tach , not push button radio, interior is useable but need work, good glass and stainless, even the wheel well moldings are good not perfect but nice, trunk floor has some rust starting but it is time to look into it and keep it from going further, the front brake drums have been changer from the 11" fin to the 11" smooth type. mileage shows 94942 and ID # is 63V14506 engine # is "P" 98175 cowell is 63V K6 over 1728 any one interested in more info you can PM me and we can go from there, hope this helps.........Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Thanks for the inspection, Bob. I had my doubts they were both or either R1s, but still a good twofer at that price.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

I agree, it does sound like a decent buy, even though they are not R1's.

Craig

Comment

I just hope both cars will be saved and find a good home with a couple of our members. It is not often we have someone like Bob (he knows what he is looking at) to give us a report before we spend time and money on a piles of junk.

Mark

Comment

Working...
        X