53 Studebaker HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 Studebaker HELP!!!!!!!!!!

We are rebuilding a 53 Studebaker, Found a supposed 53 on ebay. We need parts. Windsheild, glass, etc. But looking in the trunk it does not look like ours. We don't have a spare tire spot in trunk and this does. Will the windshield fit between a 53 and 54?

53 & 54 parts will interchange but not between W,F,Y bodies and C & K bodies. Coupes and hardtops are different cars!

Comment

Pics of yours would be helpful---also, a long way from Kansas to Ohio, got to be parts closer. Someone will probably respond here

Comment

Please look at my page and also look at ebay link I posted, Are these the same?

Comment

I had problems with pics. Can you view my profile?

Comment

Originally posted by 53 Studebaker View Post
            Please look at my page and also look at ebay link I posted, Are these the same?
            NO, they are not the same. Few parts will interchange. Be careful. Do your homework.

Comment

Get the number, under the hood, on cowl top passenger side and share with us.

Comment

The 53 shown in the ebay ad is a sedan. I am assuming you are working on a C (coupe) or K (hardtop). You will find this designator on the cowl tag located on the right (passenger) side of the firewall.
                A sedan windshield will not fit a C or K model. I have sent a PM. Tom.

Comment

5h o5 1218

Comment

Viewed pics Your car appears to be the same model as the ebay car. What parts are you searching for besides windshield? Ditto on cowl tag & serial no. on left door jamb at hinge area
                    Last edited by larkregal62; 12-15-2014, 06:45 PM.

Comment

They are not the same car. You have a coupe. Ebay car is a 2 door sedan.

Comment

First Thanks for the Quick responses. The car was bought in Texas, bill of sale from New Mexico. The car was a shell when shipped to Columbus Oh. We now have a 305 motor and 350 Tranny. We need windshield, front bumper as the ones that are with it are all rusted. Need passenger side glass. That is all picturesque. The car only had front drums. No back drums. Weird? But true. Trying to get it atleast running for my dad big project car!

Comment

This is interesting in that our inquirer read the body tag wrong AS WELL AS the person presenting the ebay sedan offering. We're told that the coupe reads 5H o5, when it should be 5H C5 (which by the way is a '54 model - not a 53). And the sedan is presented as a 16G 73 - that should read 14G F3 which pins this thing as a '53 Champion 2dr sedan.
                          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Your car appears to be a "C" body coupe. The "F" body car on the ebay ad is a 2 door sedan. A rather rarer car actually and appears to be a "F1" bare bones model actually. Almost none left in existence, especially restored.

Not much will fit your car:

- front bumper (but not the rear)
                            - rear bumper guard (but nos ones are around).
                            - grill inserts or bars (but not the shells or surrounds).
                            - some dash trim parts and the door/window cranks/handles.
                            - the rear trunk handle that says studebaker on it (but none of the tri-stars or other trims).
                            - mechanical parts (but you don't care since yours is modified with Chevy).
                            - I think the vent doors in the front fenders
                            - chrome bezels on the headlights (but new reproductions are available)

NO body parts other than that mentioned will fit. No fenders/doors/hoods/etc will fit. No glass, and none of the chrome except as mentioned. You could use the steering wheel if you needed one but its too big in diameter (18" vs 17" so would make a tight fit. Steering column and box are different too.

New windshields are available for your car. Side glass can be cut locally or some of the vendors can get it. If the original rear end is in the car and it was originally a 6 cylinder, you will want to replace it. Too light and poor ratios for your drivetrain.

Jeff in ND

Comment

You can probably order glass from Phillips, or one of the other suppliers....
                              rear drums can be had.
                              Side glass is flat, so you can get it cut locally

Comment

Working...
                              X