No announcement yet.

Yours for 250 Grand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot believe they are shooting for MULTIPLE times the value of the thing with an ad overrun with basic typographical/punctuation errors. It hurts just to read it
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

This car has been for sale with that price for a long time. Must be at Dreamers Car Sales.

Comment

If it sells for that price, then my 64 GT should be worth $175,000, right?

Comment

I saw that listing as well. Almost spit out my coffee. That's pre-war Packard pricing. I'm sure if the seller hangs on long enough the market will eventually work its way up to that price. Best I've seen at Barrett-Jackson on one of these was around $145,000.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

This is a "third-party" ebayer. Apparently, for a fee, they supposedly do all the work, collect their fee, and the real owner gets ? something???

Currently, they have more active listings than feedback for sold items. Their listings are from all over the nation. Looking at their feedback, you can see that many sales are made from "best offers."

I recall years ago, there was a political hack, who used a very derogatory phrase, "like dragging a dollar through a trailer park." It was his attempt to describe and diminish the character of someone. However, when it comes to ebay... sellers like this are casting the broadest net possible for buyers. I have known a few "new moneyed" folks that have fallen victim to "impulse purchases" a savvy person would never fall for. Not far from me, is a couple of gaudy houses, built by "new rich" folks, before the economic collapse. Today, both look woefully tacky, out of place, and certainly, of less value than they would be in a proper setting. When seeing ads like this, (setting aside the Studebaker), you wonder what "the story" is? Is it a desperate seller facing foreclosure? A court order, requiring property to be sold, with no direction as to how to set the price? Seized property being sold to recover debt? Or...is it simply an honest seller casting the broadest net before the largest audience?

Looking at the feedback, the last question above is an easy conclusion to draw. For me, I'm a "face to face" person for most deals requiring any amount of money that would require transferring money into my checking account, or too much to fit in my wallet.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

They are just trolling for offers. Offer 20K, maybe they'll take it.
              Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
              50 Champion 2 door*
              53 Commander K Auto*
              53 Commander K overdrive*
              55 President Speedster
              62 GT 4Speed*
              63 Avanti R1*
              64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

That is stupid money, no other way to put it.
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

But it's the super rare "Other" model

Comment

This car has been listed numerous times on the Louisville Craigslist over the past 2.5 - 3 years. I was just in Louisville on Monday but had no inclination to look it over. Spent $175 and brought home 13 chainsaws.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
                      That is stupid money, no other way to put it.
                      Money is something inanimate, and makes some people stupid. How can a Bugatti found at the bottom of a lake that doesn't even come close to being a 'runner' be worth over $100K MORE than this $250K GH that starts and runs?

An archeological find of some magnitude went under the hammer on January 23, 2010, when a rusted 1925 Bugatti Type 22 Brescia that had spent the last three quarters of a century at the bottom of a lake in North Italy was auctioned.

Comment

Originally posted by 53commander View Post
                        But it's the super rare "Other" model
                        That 'super rare' other model would be the 400, which this one is not.

Craig

Comment

I first thought the number was a typo, but apparently the seller is serious.
                          sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Craig, you are absolutely correct. Money does, indeed, make people stupid. Just watch the Barrett-Jackson auctions sometime. I feel like I'm watching people with more money than brains.
                            Rog
                            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                            Smithtown,NY
                            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Vin number 000006????????
                              Last edited by larkregal62; 12-12-2014, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X