Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

52 headlight bezels on a 50? Will it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 headlight bezels on a 50? Will it work?

I know it wouldn't be stock,but I like the look of a 52 headlight bezel with it's "smiley face" park light more so then the round park light on a 50,but will a 52 bezel fit on a 50 fender,as long as you used the 52 headlight buckets along with the 52 bezels?

'52 Champion or Commander will fit on a '50 Champion, but not on a '50 Commander. In fact, the very early '52's still used the headlight doors with the round parking lights. When the "smiley face" parking lights were introduced, for whatever reason, there were two different lenses and each required its own specific bucket.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks for the info Rockne.

Comment

I have 1952 N.O.S buckets for sale with parking lenses head light bulb (smooth face , no nibs) and wiring harness.
        $95.00 each in original sealed factory boxes. No rims.
        These can easily converted to the 1950/51 style.
        Robert Kapteyn
        studebaker@mac.com
        815 722 7262

Comment

I have 50 Commander headlight rims waiting for a new owner. jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

50 Commander headlight rings only fit 50 Commander and Land Cruiser - nothing else.

50 Champion rings will fit on 51 and 52 fenders with the correct/appropriate headlight buckets.

50 Commanders are unique.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
            X