Studebaker/Avanti Gentleman Makes My Grand Daughter Smile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker/Avanti Gentleman Makes My Grand Daughter Smile

My now 9 year old grand daughter fell in love with an Avanti cookie cutter that was in a silent auction in Colorado Springs. She did not win the auction. She was heart broken. I am not sure of the details but somehow my daughter was contacted and the gentleman that made them for the meet offered to send her one. He has no idea how happy he made her.

Today she came over to make cookies with my wife. She walked in smiling like crazy as she had her Avanti Cookie Cutter with her. I am not allowed in the kitchen right now per the grand daughter. The smile on her face tells me she is making an Avanti cookie for me and wants to surprise me with it when she is completed.

Last year for Christmas I got two new ornaments for my tree made via this cookie cutter.

Her mother already has informed me that she wants my 67 Avanti should I ever decide to sell it or depart this earth. This gentlemen has probably instilled this same love for Avanti's into my grand daughter.

I would also like to thank this gentleman for putting smiles on the grand daughter!
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Great story!!!
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Great story!! We want to see a picture of the cookie!
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
        Great story!! We want to see a picture of the cookie!
        Pat can look at the picture all he wants, but I want a cookie for myself! LOL

Nice Story

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

That gentleman would be Frank Nekvasil from the hosting CO Chapter. Frank is from Arvada. My wife and I were bidding on the cookie cutters and ended up with 2 of them. They were very professionally made and I did use them last year making Avanti cookies, brownies and rice Krispie treats for the Chicagoland Avanti Owners Christmas party. This year our president Jerry Thielan made Avanti cookie cutters for all members in attendance at the party.
          sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
          X