Studebakers in the Holiday Hot Rod Show 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers in the Holiday Hot Rod Show 2014

We were at the Holiday Hot Rod show the last three days in Springfield MO. There were 6 Studebakers in the show. John Martin's '53 Gold Dust. He got an award from Tim Strange for his pick at the show. Gary and Donna Sanders were there in their '53 Commander. There was a white '50 pickup that brought there by Mike Stafford, he's not the owner, just showing it for the weekend. It took home top honors of the show with a $1000 prize. There was a '50 model 2 door sedan brought there by KICKER Stereo. It is a very nice car. There was a '63 Lark that owned by a pin stripper Spencer Houston. Our truck a '58 Stude with custom flames. We all had a good time, lots of laughs. Our grand daughter Madison, joined us also, and her Daddy Brian was working upstairs with C & M Gearworks. There were some other interesting cars in the show, Darryl Starbird from OK, brought a Cadillac bubble top car. Fritz brought 2 other bubble top cars. There was a Sox and Martin GTX, that is a certified real car, not a clone. A Brewster Ford was there, and Auburn V12, and many others. I've put up 8 pictures up so far, if I can get more on, I will post more. I hope you enjoy them. Dusty and Wanda.
    Attached Files

Dusty Taylor

We decided we needed to get our 1942 Business coupe, Madison's 1962 2 door hardtop, and Brian, our son, get his 1959 Lark all finished for the show next year. If anybody can possible come to the show in 2015, it is scheduled for Dec. 6-8. Let's see if we can make Studebaker's rule. And the last picture on here is Gary Sanders meeting Batman. Na na na na na na na na Batman.
    Attached Files

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Great photos!....That custom '53 Studebaker coupe is outstanding!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
        Great photos!....That custom '53 Studebaker coupe is outstanding!
        I love all the body work on it.
        Last edited by t walgamuth; 12-09-2014, 05:40 PM.
        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

That 53 is very nice! I like the color scheme on the 50, but those new wheels and rims do not cut it. I'm learning to accept that schtick when it rarely works, but for me, that's one mix of old and new that does not cut it. What was the green '30 something, the Auburn V12?

Comment

The green car is a 1934 Brewster Ford. First one made that year.
            Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO

Comment

The custom '53 started out as a 1953 Starlight coupe the same color as mine.
              Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO

Comment

'Lookin' good, guys; congratulations on a good Studebaker representation. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Outstanding.

Comment

I wish I could have been there Looks like it was interesting.
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I see that both Gary and Batman were moving so fast you couldn't focus on them. Not a bit unusual for those guys! Great showing, I wish I could have been there.

Comment

On that 53....I think using the laid back Mercedes lights make the fins look even longer on the back
                        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary1953 View Post
                          The green car is a 1934 Brewster Ford. First one made that year.
                          Thank you. Very stylish.

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments on the pictures.No, Gary and Batman was not moving fast, I was aways from them. I'm not as steady with the camera as I used to be. Lol.The gold 53 has Chrysler fins on it. The tail lights are what they used toput on 56 Chevys, can't remember the name of the tail light.It has a full roll cage with a big block Chevy with a lot of horsepower.It was originally built to be a race car, but the owner, John, said it got too pretty.The Brewster car is on a 34 Ford chassis with a flathead V8 motor.

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Here is a link to more pictures. Enjoy.

Gary Sanders
                              Nixa, MO

Comment

Working...
                              X