This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starlite Studebaker Interiors ??

Hi Guys, are these folks still in business? I tried e-mailing a couple of times never got a response. There info still comes up on the forums vendors list. Thanks Tony

Hard to say. If they are still in business they don't act like it. I've been waiting for over a year to get information on something. Don't hold your breath.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

So it's not me LOL, I have looked at some on line stuff, and they don't seem to have any activity since 2012. Thanks Scott

Comment

As been stated before, they are both full-time school teachers and the interior business is their sideline. Still, waiting a year is a bit much.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
          As been stated before, they are both full-time school teachers and the interior business is their sideline. Still, waiting a year is a bit much.
          Yep. It's pretty hard to classify it as a business.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Have you tried calling them ? they are in the club roster. looks like a business to me, I know a little hard to reach but hang in there.

that's will on the right.

racks of door panels,

now lets see what color did you want?

Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Yes, as Alternate BP said; both Will and his wife Lorrie (Lori?) are full-time public school teachers. Their communication is spotty at best, but they did the Studebaker hobby an enormous service by saving all the soft trim that would have been scrapped when Ed Reynolds bought the final inventory of the second SASCO.

You can see by the photos that the material is being well-cared for. I was there in 2009 and it didn't look nearly so nice and organized; they have done a wonderful job of trying to get everything up off the floor and categorized.

Keep trying to contact them; sooner or later, your request will "go through!"

(BTW: That facility is the former Ford dealership in tiny Nunn Colorado, closed in the early 50s, IIRC from what Will said.) BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I love the sign painted just below the showroom window: "FREE AIR INSIDE"

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

They seem like a very nice couple. They did indeed do a great thing by saving all that inventory. I had a few email conversations with them early on.

My experience was that they said they needed a month or two to get things organized, and that people should email them with their wants. The orders would be filled in the order that the emails were received.

In my case, I tried for over TWO YEARS to get some items from them. After the initial contact, I never once heard back from them. For a while we would see on the forum that we were to check back again in a few months; but to this day I have never heard back. After two years I gave up and have since sold the cars.

There is no question that buying, moving, and inventorying that huge amount of parts was a huge job. One would think in the several years since they bought it though, that they would have been endeavoring to recoup some of that investment by answering customers as promised. I believe I heard of one or two people that were able to get things from them, but by far the vast majority have not been served.

They do have a lot of inventory, so you might want to give them a try. But don't put too much hope into getting a response, and don't waste too much time trying.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

two years of waiting, several emails, one response from Will saying he had the door panels in stock and would get me a price in a day or two, that was over 18 months ago. I'm sure good intentions, but I think the business has been put to the side. Far to the side.
                    sigpic
                    JohnP, driving & reviving
                    60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Too bad they couldn't get some help from some of their Students. It could be a Junior Achievement project with a taste of Historic Preservation! They deserve to get their investment back by getting the product to the market. I could use a complete interior for a four door 1963 Standard! Blue vinyl, please! <G>
                      Last edited by qsanford; 12-08-2014, 07:50 AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                        Yes, as Alternate BP said; both Will and his wife Lorrie (Lori?) are full-time public school teachers. Their communication is spotty at best, but they did the Studebaker hobby an enormous service by saving all the soft trim that would have been scrapped when Ed Reynolds bought the final inventory of the second SASCO.

You can see by the photos that the material is being well-cared for. I was there in 2009 and it didn't look nearly so nice and organized; they have done a wonderful job of trying to get everything up off the floor and categorized.

Keep trying to contact them; sooner or later, your request will "go through!"

(BTW: That facility is the former Ford dealership in tiny Nunn Colorado, closed in the early 50s, IIRC from what Will said.) BP
                        Bob,
                        I agree with you, but all the good intentions in the world mean squat if the goods can't be delivered, the communication is nil, and the frustration level is high. Pointing out continually that they are both full time teachers is wearing very thin after waiting more than a year just to find out if they have door panels I'm looking for. I don't care what they do for a living. It does not matter. I wish they would sell the stock so someone with serious intentions can do something with it.

What does their ENORMOUS service mean if all they do is sit on the inventory? It might as well not exist or be put to the torch for all the good it does anyone. And NO, I'm not going to keep trying to contact them. They can try to contact ME for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
                          Too bad they couldn't get some help from some of their Students. It could be a Junior Achievement project with a taste of Historic Preservation! They deserve to get their investment back by getting the product to the market. I could use a complete interior for a four door 1963 Standard! Blue vinyl, please! <G>
                          A Great Idea, Quentin. I hope they read this. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I will not comment on anyone's business plan unless it directly affects me. However, for years my biggest complaint with some people is that they don't feel it necessary to respond to contacts in a timely manner. In my opinion it is simply quite rude to ignore requests when customers are seeking information.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I have bought 2 sets from them and was well satisfied with the product and the price. They were a little slow responding,and I called them once or twice. But I was treated nice on the phone and they explained the delay as this is a sideline, and not their bread and butter. Life comes first. I can understand that and was willing to wait.
                              Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                              X