Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Flight-o-matic floor shifter

Hi All,
    greetings from Oz- Wanting to alter a very vague and temperamental column shift Hawk (that has currently lost reverse) to a floor shift. Factory shifters seem to be very rare, or exorbitant in price in these here parts of the world. (I am sure I qualify for owning the Studebaker-at-the-end-of-the-Universe...google up "Carnarvon West Australia" and you will see what I mean about isolation!)
    I have looked at numerous aftermarket shifters (B&M, Hurst etc), and whilst there seems to be many types available for 60's Mopar and GM boxes, nothing I have seen mentions "suitable for Borg-Warner/Studebaker/Rambler" Any suggestions on an aftermarket shifter that will fit in with an attractive bucket seat interior?? Thanks, Quentin.

You could watch eBay for a Vintage Ford-O-Matic or Cruise-O-Matic floor shifter they were out there in the Day.

That would be a start for something that fits the Trans. then you would need to do some changes to get the correct shift pattern.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

We will have a used floor change set up arriving in a couple of weeks. Probably wont be exorbitant!

Chris.

Comment

I have a couple of power shift set ups that one might be able to make work.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Working...
        X