Woo-Hoo...but try to remain modest <GGG>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo-Hoo...but try to remain modest <GGG>

Check out the following ClassicCars.com report of The 2014 Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals in Rosemont IL Nov 22 & 23. Of the hundreds of cars and millions of dollars worth of cars in the show, The Stude Tomato and Ed George's R3 Avanti were significant enough to be featured in two of the 36 photos:

The photo display is in rotation, so every time you open the article, a different set of photos will be displayed. But in the four different times I opened it, both The Stude Tomato and Ed's R3 were somewhere among the photos.

Now that there are some cool beans, I tell you!

Woo-Hoo! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

thanks for the link, BP!!!
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Any idea who owns the Nice looking Gold Avanti next to Ed George's?
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Both the white R3 powered '63 and the gold Avanti belong to my good friend Ed George. Interesting story with the gold Avanti, but as Ed checks in on the forum occasionally, I'll let him tell about it.
        Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
        \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by 2R2 View Post
          Interesting story with the gold Avanti, but as Ed checks in on the forum occasionally, I'll let him tell about it.
          He already did: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ht=george+gold

Craig

Comment

Nice!

PlainBrownrR2 pointed this out on facebook, not sure if it was mentioned here.

Comment

Yep, I get alot of my news from BangShift.com's Facebook page. They usually try to cover the goings on around the country when it comes to events, special cars, trucks, or anything mechanical, as well as some of the more obscure historical stuff. Apparently one of their guys put up a couple photo gallery's worth of pictures from the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals, and they got a group photo of the Studebakers at the show! You guys are now famous, and I thought y'all would also get a kick out of it!
              1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
              1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
              1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
              1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Love the shot of the Chevy pickup and the Shasta trailer! I LOVED those as a child. It had something to do with the little silver wing on the back, I think. Even though they're totally impractical for me (I'm too tall for them), if I was showing, I'd love to have one just like that to tow behind Bess to shows. On the back it says, "Tin Can Tourists," I remember my mother laughingly referring to herself and other trailer owners that way. The title "Trailerites" coined from the movie, The Long, Long Trailer, never seemed to take. Thanks for the link Bob!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9716.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1693083
                Last edited by studeclunker; 12-03-2014, 01:15 PM. Reason: grammar...
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Comment

Looks like the picture was taken Saturday night after everyone was gone. There are no hoods up in our section and I think the press was given that time as a photo opportunity.

QUOTE=Bordeaux Daytona;886201]Nice!

PlainBrownrR2 pointed this out on facebook, not sure if it was mentioned here.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                    X