Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1956/57 Commander sleeper, what if thread???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956/57 Commander sleeper, what if thread???

Going back about 5/6 years ago (guessing), someone on here built a black 56/57 2dr Commander sleeper. I've been searching for the thread. I also remember it being taken to one of the big hot rod shows in California. Thought it was the LA roadster show, but not certain. I was able to go back through my comments and locate the thread, but I can't anymore.
    Anyone remember the thread??
    Last edited by s1b; 11-30-2014, 07:10 AM.
    Orlando FLA

Allan Songer built the Oakland Rod Show Car, a Black '56 Champion Deluxe 2 Door Sedan with a warned up R1 clone 289 and a T-85 H.D. 3 Speed Overdrive. I sold him many of the Parts to restore it.

He later flipped the Car to a New Owner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Allans Champion1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	1692987 Click image for larger version

Name:	Allans Champion2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	1692988 Click image for larger version

Name:	Allans Champion3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	1692989
    Last edited by StudeRich; 11-27-2014, 07:31 PM. Reason: Edited Commander error.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Why not look for a '57 President in F2 trim? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...esident+police

Craig

Comment

StudeRich, that's the one..... See if I can find the thread.
        Orlando FLA

Comment

Craig

Comment

Thanks Craig!!!! Absolutely love that car
            Orlando FLA

Comment

IIRC, Allen's car was a '56 Champion. I furnished and rebuilt the T85 3-speed overdrive he used.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

For some reason I thought it was a Commander. Hadn't seen it for a while. I had a 56 Champion also. It was my dream to build something similar, but had moved on.
                Orlando FLA

Comment

So are we looking for a post containing s1b, or were you someone else then?
                  I did find these:

Here is your Post from 4 of '09:
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 11-27-2014, 07:48 PM.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

StudeRich, I was basically looking for the threads on the car. I just always liked the car and a buddy of mine was needing some inspiration.

Has this car been around since Allan sold it? Or has it been "locked away "?
                    Orlando FLA

Comment

A favorite little 1956 Commander Custom cheapie sold new at my father's dealership. 'Sure wish I knew where it was today:

A genuine sleeper with cheap F2 Custom trim, blackwall tires and sold Cambridge Grey paint. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob, that's really cool.
                        Orlando FLA

Comment

Originally posted by s1b View Post
                          Bob, that's really cool.
                          Yeah, Sean; I've always thought that was a real cool little car with stick overdrive and Power Kit, but I don't remember seeing it at the dealership.

It may have been ordered and came and went in a day or two when I didn't stop by. (I turned ten years old two weeks before that car was delivered and spent a lot of time hanging around the dealership.) BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I wonder if one of those 62 1957 President Custom-trim two door ex-police cars still exist. It would be an interesting find today.

Craig

Comment

That would be a great find
                              Orlando FLA

Comment

Working...
                              X